11 years in a row...They can't catch us | St Beneathus Day | Happened again (pg15)

They had a real superiority complex when it came to City back then, and they just couldn't conceive that they could ever be anything other than the top dog. However, it's still not been entirely eradicated.

Along with various cheerleading clowns in the media, they still can't help getting ridiculously ahead of themselves whenever they have a short burst of success. I recall their reaction in mid-January, when they beat us at their place with the aid of a travesty of a decision, and they couldn't help but crow about how they were back. Remember all that talk about the quadruple and about how they'd finally finish above us again.

After that round of fixtures, they were one point behind us in the league, having played the same number of games. Now, a further 15 matches on, the gap is 16 points. Their goal difference has changed by +1 in this period and ours by +29. But the thing is, any sensible observer could see the subsequent turn of events as entirely likely.

They have a huge weakness with this mentality that they're Manchester United, so are bigger and thus naturally better than anyone else. Long may it last, as it's a huge handicap for them and so many of them, including people with influence within and around the club, can't see it.
'Top doggery' has never had much occasion to spend a few hours or so with stark 'reality'! I was oretty certain that we were not gonna overhaul the Arse, and I shall not take each game as it comes, but each added minute as it comes and see what the outcome is when the final whistle blows on the season. Then and only then will I count any silverware. And next season? We are but one of twenty teams.

Sorry to be pedantic, but Ferguson was asked whether City would ever go into a derby as favourites, not whether we’d finish above them.
MontyPythonsLifeOfBrian-vLuOFq6x-subtitled.jpg

2017/18 they were miles behind us even though they finished 2nd
They still finished second!

Plus they beat us at the Etihad that season, and overwhelmed us in the second half, dodgy refereeing notwithstanding. In both the seasons I have nominated, we completely owned them in both Derbies, especially away in 2014 and home in 2018.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.