11 years in a row...They can't catch us | St Beneathus Day | Happened again (pg15)

I watched a documentary the other day and it had ac lip from the "Not in my Lifetime" press conference.

When the journalist asked Ferguson if City would ever go into a derby as favourites, the whole room including Ferguson laughed their bollocks off. That's how the whole club looked at us in the "Tick Tock" era of 2008-2012.

Not fucking laughing now are they?

First they laugh…..

They had a real superiority complex when it came to City back then, and they just couldn't conceive that they could ever be anything other than the top dog. However, it's still not been entirely eradicated.

Along with various cheerleading clowns in the media, they still can't help getting ridiculously ahead of themselves whenever they have a short burst of success. I recall their reaction in mid-January, when they beat us at their place with the aid of a travesty of a decision, and they couldn't help but crow about how they were back. Remember all that talk about the quadruple and about how they'd finally finish above us again.

After that round of fixtures, they were one point behind us in the league, having played the same number of games. Now, a further 15 matches on, the gap is 16 points. Their goal difference has changed by +1 in this period and ours by +29. But the thing is, any sensible observer could see the subsequent turn of events as entirely likely.

They have a huge weakness with this mentality that they're Manchester United, so are bigger and thus naturally better than anyone else. Long may it last, as it's a huge handicap for them and so many of them, including people with influence within and around the club, can't see it.
Yes, you're dead right. The truth is that the vast majority of people who support Man United chose to support them because they were the biggest and the best. It is an extremely difficult place to be if you are a glory hunter who has had their glory snatched away from them which is why we see protests, the set up of a rival club and particularly these days, an obsession with trying to blacken Manchester City's name in any way they can.

I sense that a lot of heads are going to spin off around the country over the next 5 weeks. There could be an awful lot of confusion, anger, frustration, bitterness and jealousy if things pan out the way they must certainly now fear. It wasn't supposed to be like this. It was supposed to be glory all the way.

All my close family were blues but it’s at times like this I think back to 1999 & being at a bbq with a family of reds. They had kids but 1 had decided he was a blue in our darkest times, he was 6or7 & they’d tried everything but he’d made his mind up & wasn’t for changing.

I didn’t know them well but I’ve always wondered how he’s enjoyed the last 10 years.

10 year table.

1lowbD1.png

All my close family were blues but it’s at times like this I think back to 1999 & being at a bbq with a family of reds. They had kids but 1 had decided he was a blue in our darkest times, he was 6or7 & they’d tried everything but he’d made his mind up & wasn’t for changing.

I didn’t know them well but I’ve always wondered how he’s enjoyed the last 10 years.
I remember being at a family party and my brother in law’s brother was there spouting and laughing “Money can’t buy success”.

I remember posting a comment on a United forum, maybe at the time Kaka nearly came, and saying something like “don’t worry, this won’t make City overtake United. That will take a couple of years ;-)” and the fucking LOLing they were doing in their dozens…I’d love to find the thread.

I remember when Rooney nearly came and my uncle said “why would he come to City?” And my dad said “Maybe he sees where this is going” and he fucking laughed his head off. I mean really laughed.

He who laughs last lads. He who laughs last. We might just be laughing our way down Wembley way in a few weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.