12,000 points first day of sale for Cardiff Away

de niro said:
SWP's back said:
de niro said:
don't know why there is always moaning about loyalty points. they have been built up over the last 11 years (ish) we've only been any good for 3 maybe 4 years at best. people with low points had 6 years prior to us getting rich to attend games and build points up. odd that they didn't.

the people I know with points now in the bag couldn't give a flying fuck about them, either now or back then. we had no idea whether we'd ever reach a cup final again, let alone vie for the title or the champions league. we went to watch city, quite often on the end of another defeat. then the money came. as did the moaners.
So you wouldn't mind a rolling ten year period then?

Also, people with lots of money tend not to worry about money either, it's the way of the world.

All that happened is that 11 years ago those attending home and away were forever crystallised at the top.

and rightly so. the games so hence the points were available to all. but of course we were bobbins, now that we are a good side out comes the "loyalty points aren't fair" comments. they were there to be had.

Rightly so? Why should 2001 the date set in stone. It was arbitrary.

Rolling ten year period would be the fairest way. I can't see why anyone would object to it.

SWP's back said:
de niro said:
SWP's back said:
So you wouldn't mind a rolling ten year period then?

Also, people with lots of money tend not to worry about money either, it's the way of the world.

All that happened is that 11 years ago those attending home and away were forever crystallised at the top.

and rightly so. the games so hence the points were available to all. but of course we were bobbins, now that we are a good side out comes the "loyalty points aren't fair" comments. they were there to be had.

Rolling ten year period would be the fairest way. I can't see why anyone would object to it.

I Dont know if I'm wooden but do you mean you reset on zero after 10 years?

de niro said:
SWP's back said:
de niro said:

Oh god no, that would be madness, just a rolling ten year period meaning only the last 10 years count. We have a situation whereby in 5 or 6 years time, lads that are 18-19 then will never have a chance to catch up and see Utd away until they were in their 40-50's.

A rolling ten year period would mean those that continue to go wont lose out and rewards continued loyalty as opposed to an arbitrary date the year before we moved to the Etihad.

SWP's back said:
de niro said:
SWP's back said:

Oh god no, that would be madness, just a rolling ten year period meaning only the last 10 years count. We have a situation whereby in 5 or 6 years time, lads that are 18-19 then will never have a chance to catch up and see Utd away until they were in their 40-50's.

A rolling ten year period would mean those that continue to go wont lose out and rewards continued loyalty as opposed to an arbitrary date the year before we moved to the Etihad.

I see, yeh that would work.

I suggested the rolling 10 year thing about 5 years ago.

However with 40 points now for an away compared to 10 points ten years ago there is little need now. I think within a season or two it would be 60 points.

The more or less 1000 points you get just for renewing including schemes would have taken 100 matches as one point, and this points inflation more or less negates the need for the rolling period.

It won't be the points that stop 18/19 year olds going to away games, but the prices.

The fairest system I've come across is the England one. One point for a home game, two for an away. This lasts for a four year period but every two years, two years drop off so it's a continuous rolling four years. It rewards loyalty as you have to keep going to keep up at the top of the loyalty table. For away games 70% of the tickets go to the fans with most loyalty points and the rest go into a ballot for those that applied, giving new fans the chance to get tickets.
As well as this, you have to prove that you have travelled to away games by getting your members card scanned which has your photo on it or in some cases, when there is a small allocation, by picking your ticket up in the city where the game is being played. This stops the same people buying tickets and not actually going to the matches, just to keep up with the loyalty points. Not sure if this could work at club level but I'm sure it could be adapted.

Bollocks to that, why should my points that i earned going to midweek Europa first round home games be fucked off after ten years, when the ground was less than half full. If you haven't got the points, earn them, I did.

SWP's back said:
de niro said:
SWP's back said:

The lads & lassies who are 18-19 and continue to go to the matches will catch up because there will also be older people who have managed to go to the games through the years who will be either dead or getting too old to do the travelling. As de niro has said, no one complained when we were not getting that many people going because we were bobbins, so why should those people be penalised in any way now? It's swings and roundabouts. IMHO

If you havent got enough points to get an away match ticket then what do you do?
You ask a mate who has enough points to get you a ticket. That way you get to go to the match but it's them who get more loyalty points not you so the gap can get wider.
I know several people who rarely go to away games these days but if the club look at their purchasing history it shows that they've been to every one!
I have obtained tickets myself this way for old trafford.

allan harper said:
Bollocks to that, why should my points that i earned going to midweek Europa first round home games be fucked off after ten years, when the ground was less than half full. If you haven't got the points, earn them, I did.

Can't argue with that.

Want to go to united away? Start going to midweek league cup games. Home OR away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.