12 players to leave.

Not sure what idiot wrote that piece, but I wish someone could tell me from the media, just which 12 players would be required to leave the club in order for us to ascertain the following 25 man squad.

Joe Hart - HG
Shay Given
Stuart Taylor - HG

Pablo Zabaleta
Jerome Boateng
Vincent Kompany
Kolo Toure
Joleon Lescott - HG
Micah Richards - HG
Aleksandar Kolarov
Javier Garrido

Shaun Wright-Phillips - HG
Adam Johnson - HG
Gareth Barry - HG
James Milner - HG **
Nigel de Jong
Yaya Toure
Stephen Ireland - HG
David Silva
Patrick Vieira

Carlos Tevez
Emmanuel Adebayor
Craig Bellamy - HG
Robinho
Fernando Torres **

All I can see from that list is - Wayne Bridge, Nedum Onouha, Jo and Roque Santa Cruz.....hardly bleeding 12 is it?.

Michael Johnson is out until October at the earliest, and can then play in domestic cups and Europa League, as rules change slightly again for that comp, and in January he can replace Patrick Vieira in the League select team (that is all providing James Milner joins).

The following are all under 21 or are 21 as at 1 Jan 2010, and so are eligable to play without needing to be registered as part of the 25 man squad.

Greg Cunningham
Ben Mee
Kieran Trippier
Dedryck Boyata
Javan Vidal
Abdisalam Ibrahim
Vladimir Weiss
Andrew Tutte
Scott Kay
Adam Clayton
Donal McDermott
Alex Nimley-Tchumeni
John Guidetti
Mario Balotelli **
Felipe Caicedo
David Ball (when he returns in 6 months time)

I think the media are telling porkies again, just like their normal level of work when writing about City and trying to have a dig at them, it smells like bullshit, it sounds like bullshit and it reads like BULLSHIT

macmanson said:
kennycar said:
Add to that Boateng and Caicedo, who are both 21 at the start of the season. They qualify to play in U21 national teams so in football terms they count as under 21

-- Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:33 pm --

which including the loan of the faroe islands goalie brings the current squad down to 30 as Mancini is quoted

Actually, no the rules for under 21 in International competition are different than those for the premier league. For International teams, a player simply needs to be aged 21 or under at the start of a two-year European Under-21 Football Championship campaign, so they could end up being 23 by the time they complete the full U-21 campaign.

For the premier league, a player has to turn 21 (or Under 21) in the year the competition begins, so the PL cutoff date for an Under 21 in the 2010/11 season is Jan 1st, 1989. Players like Boateng and Caceido who are born in 1988 wouldn't qualify as Under 21s and would need to be named as part of the 17 foreign players in the squad.

Well spotted! Strange, that.

Also from that list on the website of players, I am sorry that is so far out of date it is not even funny anymore.

Gunnar Nielsen - out on loan already
David Gonzalez - contract ends in a few months, chances are he is a gonner
Shaleum Logan - already left, last seen having trials with Sheff Utd
Kelvin Etuhu - Spending time doing porridge

That reduces the numbers somewhat, as for other players like.

Jo - Actively trying to find a buyer for him
Robinho - not in any rush to return and Mancini doesn't want him back either by the sounds of things.

Then we also have 7 players who are able to play on the unlimited under 21 list, these are:

Cunningham, Boyata, Vidal, Ibrahim, Weiss, Nimley & Caicedo

So that squad list on the OS is actually - 26 players of 22 years and older.

WOW, what a Major cull we require to get that number down to meet the requirement ah?.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.