13 Years Ago Today City 1 Rags 0 FA Cup Semi Final Wembley

Organised three coaches to go down from Langley and Middleton

Over 150 of us. Excellent day until we arrived at Wembley

Stewards pointed us up some stairs and we walked right into the Utd area

Bedlam, fights, arguments the lot. I’ve always been up for it but I was holding the hand of both my kids. Daughter was 12, son was 10.

They went for me still but fortunately some of the lads I know were around and sorted it out

We came home with the win but also one lad got Ballotelli’s shirt and I got a match ball which I still have now.

That day proved to anyone that was there, both sides, that the Manchester derby is up there in terms of hatred, if there was any doubt
Nah it's all about the dips for them.

We were lucky I suppose, saw no mither at all, in fact the only issues we've ever had (so far) around Wembley was at a CS game against Arsenal around 7 seasons ago, ended up throwing a few punches on a covered bridge over the tube.

What I've just remembered though is when we were dropped at the Roxy after the rags game we had a 2 mile walk home and a bridge was shut on our route as someone was threatening to jump. The WPC after us saying a detour would add quite a bit to our walk said we could go under if we hurried and were quiet....beer took over and we sung anti rag songs when under it much to her disgust. ;)

One of my greatest days following City ever.

First time at Wembley, first time at Wembley watching City. Drove down to Pinner and parked the car, got in the ground a good hour before kick-off. Watched the game and barely remember a thing about it, except jumping a foot in the air when Yaya scored and slamming back down on my toes which killed for weeks afterwards.

When the full-time whistle went it sank in big time that City were going to be in an FA Cup final and that we'd just beaten United to get there. And then the announcement that the M40 was reopened got a cheer almost as loud as the goal, haha. Just floated on air all the way back to Pinner and couldn't believe we were on the brink.

Turns out I'd got so stressed and dehydrated during the game that I developed a migraine as soon as we sat down in the car. Slept the whole way home and woke up as we were pulling into our road, head slightly groggy but still buzzing from the game. It was bang on midnight and 'Bobby in Phoenix' by Gorillaz was playing on Radio 2.

One of my absolute favourite memories.

Looking back, it really was the day it all started. Thanks Yaya. We'd have got there eventually with the money and knowhow behind us, but would we have done it in the way we did? Absolutely no chance. To beat United, of all teams, at Wembley, and then beat them to the title the following year, definitely gave the belief to keep on winning.

What a day.

1713256244795.png

I missed out on a ticket but we had one of our great days in The City Pride in London. I threw up outside afterwards which I put down to nerves.

An important match in our progress as a club because we emerged from their shadow.

It was a fantastic day and as Tracy Champan had sung " finally the tables are starting to turn" But what was so brilliant about the day was that it was probably one of the last times we went into a game as underdogs in England. Whether it was getting off the plane, getting on the coach or having a beer, everyone was wishing us the best , hopeing we'd beat utd. Even the euphoria after the game where guys like me and many others had tears that we had finally made an FA cup final beating our bitterest rival.
Still one of my favourite City days

What a great day that was..set off from bury at 6 and arrived at Wembley around 12...beers from the off licence and then onto the roundabout.
It was great watching coach loads of blues arriving and seeing the reception that rag coaches got.
Walked up Wembley way in the middle of loads of rag cunts..all giving it large but doing fuck all as usual.
Brilliant atmosphere in the ground and even better going back to our mini bus parked near the rag coaches..plenty of punches thrown and they fucked off quickly when they realised that we weren't backing down.
On way back we stopped about 1 mile from Wembley to get refreshments and there was a minibus of rags on a side street..a few of them got off giving it verbals but as soon as we piled off our bus they ran back to theirs..
Must admit going to Wembley we only saw the odd car with rag fans and the rest of the traffic was blues ..same on the way back.
Loads of blues winding them up with a loud rendition of .." you only live round the corner" and their only comeback was fack off back to Manchester you northern cunts.
That was really the start of them knowing we were here to stay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.