#13 | Zack Steffen - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the hate he received, Bravo was a lot more solid. To be expected really considering that Bravo was signed as first choice.

Might be worth looking into an upgrade. If Ederson got injured we’d be in trouble.

This is not just based on today’s performance either but a general comment based on what I’ve seen of Steffen so far.

For all the hate he received, Bravo was a lot more solid. To be expected really considering that Bravo was signed as first choice.

Might be worth looking into an upgrade. If Ederson got injured we’d be in trouble.

This is not just based on today’s performance either but a general comment based on what I’ve seen of Steffen so far.

Bravo and solid are incompatible terms I'm afraid.

He is decent backup for Ederson and he is doing alright considering its his first full season at City.

Before today, I don’t think Steffen has done much wrong since he has been here. The same couldn’t be said of Bravo. Let’s not forget, Bravo was brought in as a number 1 and failed fucking miserably and had to be replaced a year later. Steffen is a number 2 and we would struggle to get someone much better for that position.

People still think ederson's 1v1 decision making is poor? That's what you get when you ask a keeper to play the way we do. Dreadful error but as stated with ederson it's a consequence of our style. Needs to be better but I don't blame him too harshly.

give him a chance, still young, keepers need game time and experience. thing Pep dropped a blunder with playing him esp against a Chelsea team

Before today, I don’t think Steffen has done much wrong since he has been here. The same couldn’t be said of Bravo. Let’s not forget, Bravo was brought in as a number 1 and failed fucking miserably and had to be replaced a year later. Steffen is a number 2 and we would struggle to get someone much better for that position.
If you consider the way we play though Bravo was a better fit as he was much better with his feet than Steffen.

I also don’t think we would struggle to get someone better. The rags’ third choice keeper is better than Steffen. Quite a few other clubs have decent back-ups who can provide cover/competition.

We don’t want to end up like the scousers when they lost Alisson through injury and had to rely on Adrian.

Nothing against Steffan as it’s quite clear he is a good keeper, however the decision to play him today was baffling.

As I cannot reply to the pre match thread where it was discussed as it is locked, I’ll just leave this here when I questioned why everyone was wanting to play Steffan over our number one in an FA Cup Semi-Final against potential Champions League final opponents.
We seem to have this weird discussion about back-up keepers every season.

If we have agreed with him in advance that he plays all ties in the domestic cups, then of course we stick to that. And I'd be absolutely stunned if we haven't agreed that with him, because that's the only way you're going to get a decent number 2.

The decision will have been made at the beginning of the season and that's that. Any manager/D of F who went against his original word is a moron, and neither Pep nor Txiki are.
Imagine signing Haaland and them promising Jesus he will be the cup striker. It wouldn’t happen so why should it be any different to a goalkeeper. Players should be in the team on merit and based on us wanting to win the game, there’s no room for sentimentality at the top level.

Ederson should have played today. The decision not to, as the poster alluded to the word above was “moronic”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.