#13 | Zack Steffen - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance he should have been playing that game against Liverpool. Pep far too sentimental, he’s paid to win trophies with City, not pander to a second string keeper. Klopp had no qualms in fucking off Kellaher yesterday (who is twice the keeper ZS is)

Not a chance he should have been playing that game against Liverpool. Pep far too sentimental, he’s paid to win trophies with City, not pander to a second string keeper. Klopp had no qualms in fucking off Kellaher yesterday (who is twice the keeper ZS is)
Just seen some of the abuse Zak has had on social media and it's going too far
Ok he made a howler
I remember Allison doing it twice at Anfield when we beat them 4-1
:Yes I would have played Eddie
But the level of Pelters Zak is getting is out of order

felt bad for him but it is what it is. Plenty people here talk crap about Eddie and how he isn’t a shot stopper etc etc but they don’t realize how lucky we are to have him.

Just seen some of the abuse Zak has had on social media and it's going too far
Ok he made a howler
I remember Allison doing it twice at Anfield when we beat them 4-1
:Yes I would have played Eddie
But the level of Pelters Zak is getting is out of order
I’ve not been on social media since the game so have no idea what’s being said.

This has been a shocking read!

Not sure how consistently someone is supposed to be playing with, what 8-10 games in a season, when there are 50+ in top tier teams?

The only way to get someone like Steffen into a better rhythm is to, at least, give him lower tier games (Norwich, Burnley, Leeds etc.) so he builds up experience and team patterning.

Yes, he had a poor game, by City standards, but I put this on Guardiola, really. Bravo, before Steffan, was a highly experienced keeper at top level before he came to us and dropped to number 2.

If Steffan 'lost' us the game, Guardiola could have drawn/ won us the game with better defence set up or better substitutions earlier in the second half, when we had the momentum after the first goal back.

Both at fault today.

This has been a shocking read!

Not sure how consistently someone is supposed to be playing with, what 8-10 games in a season, when there are 50+ in top tier teams?

The only way to get someone like Steffen into a better rhythm is to, at least, give him lower tier games (Norwich, Burnley, Leeds etc.) so he builds up experience and team patterning.

Yes, he had a poor game, by City standards, but I put this on Guardiola, really. Bravo, before Steffan, was a highly experienced keeper at top level before he came to us and dropped to number 2.

If Steffan 'lost' us the game, Guardiola could have drawn/ won us the game with better defence set up or better substitutions earlier in the second half, when we had the momentum after the first goal back.

Both at fault today.
I think Peps aim is to get us in positions to potentially win trophies. However once CL semi was secured, that was it for this comp. Today became a total gamble. That’s why he didn’t make any changes. Had Jesus scored, he may have done but without that goal then it wasn’t worth the risk. He may have taken more of a risk had we beat Liverpool last week. However the CL is the one that he hasn’t won for a long time and for him that will be the main prize. It doesn’t excuse the shitshow of a first half though. The players did not respond well to going 2-0 down that’s for sure.

I think Peps aim is to get us in positions to potentially win trophies. However once CL semi was secured, that was it for this comp. Today became a total gamble. That’s why he didn’t make any changes. Had Jesus scored, he may have done but without that goal then it wasn’t worth the risk. He may have taken more of a risk had we beat Liverpool last week. However the CL is the one that he hasn’t won for a long time and for him that will be the main prize. It doesn’t excuse the shitshow of a first half though. The players did not respond well to going 2-0 down that’s for sure.

I get that and I thought as much.

What I didn't get was why bother making a sub, then and why so late? Leave the team alone or put the squeeze in the last half hour, not do what he did.

I was so frustrated with it, when we could all see they were rattled.

I get that and I thought as much.

What I didn't get was why bother making a sub, then and why so late? Leave the team alone or put the squeeze in the last half hour, not do what he did.

I was so frustrated with it, when we could all see they were rattled.
I think Jesus was injured but I agree. It was worth the gamble for me when we got the momentum.

You can't say he shouldn't have played, we have a cup keeper, that's how we operate and how we will always operate. Pep is a man of Honour and will never screw his number 2 keeper over, ever. Liverpool did, they benefitted today but their backup keeper won't hang around long with that kind of treatment.

The problem is either, Pep has asked a player that isn't Ederson and isn't capable of being Ederson to be Ederson, against the best pressing team we could possibly face too no less, In which case its on Pep for not adapting our game knowing a player isn't capable of doing the usual things we do. Or, Steffen has taken it upon himself to try and imitate Ederson and doesn't recognise his limitations, in which case its on him to understand what he can and can't do and the mistakes are entirely on him.

None of us have ears inside the dressing room so we won't know which is the case but simply saying Pep should have played Ederson is just a garbage comment, that's never happening under him.

As for claims about him not being good enough, what are your expectations of our backup keeper? Everytime we concede a goal when Edersons in net, there's a dozen posts claiming Steffens a better shotstopper, and now he's not fit to wear the backup shirt? Who is good enough? Any backup keeper you can suggest that's better than him isn't content at their club as a backup. Our backup keeper is always going to be especially susceptible to messing up badly in our style, it doesn't excuse major fuck ups like his today, nothing does but he fits the bill, he's adequate he's just had a complete howler.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.