#13 | Zack Steffen - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sub keeper in cups. Up there with anything in modern football for a fucking shambles. Even worse when you play like us
I have never personally understood this "must play 2nd choice in cup". League Cup maybe but thats it.

I have never personally understood this "must play 2nd choice in cup". League Cup maybe but thats it.
Apparently, Pep doesn't like to disrespect any trophy. Rotation is only an issue for outfield players, as such, he should always start with his best goalkeeper unless injured.

As I said yesterday, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but only if you learn from it. Steffen blew it at Wembley last season, and he did it again yesterday. Pep is a stubborn bastard.

Ederson was a ball hair away from similar last week, but yesterday highlighted the gulf between the two, especially in Pep's favourite thing which is ball playing ability.

No offence to Steffen, but I would wager everything I have that he'll never be our first choice keeper regardless of the manager (stuff like yesterdays fuck up has a habit of hanging around for the rest of a career the poor c**t).

Chin up lad.

Having taken time to reflect on things I think Steffan just isn't good enough - problem is 1st choice is so good who would be that good and come and play 2nd fiddle to Ederson. However - obvious aberration aside the 3rd and ultimately winning goal was down to him too. He was rooted to the centre of the goal leaving far to big a gap at the near post and no keeper should be getting beaten at his near post like that.

Awful 1st half performance but was much much better in the 2nd half. Can't understand why he took so long getting rid of the ball for the 2nd goal.

Ederson was a ball hair away from similar last week, but yesterday highlighted the gulf between the two, especially in Pep's favourite thing which is ball playing ability.

No offence to Steffen, but I would wager everything I have that he'll never be our first choice keeper regardless of the manager (stuff like yesterdays fuck up has a habit of hanging around for the rest of a career the poor c**t).

Chin up lad.
He will be on question of sports what happened next before he gets another game with us.

Reactions: TFC
Unfortunately, there is a large drop off in terms of distribution from the back between the 2 keepers. Pep without a doubt should have played Ederson yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.