#13 | Zack Steffen - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid backup and I always feel confident enough when he's in net. Never going to take Ederson's spot, though.

I get the sense he knows he is good enough to start for a half dozen or so teams in the Prem (or even more in Germany/Spain/etc.) but is content in learning from the best for now. Not sure how long that will last, eventually he'll want to move on, and that's good business for player and club.

Great save at 1.0. The playing out from the back wasn’t as solid but we did break their press a few times and they pressed much more than they would had Eddie been playing

Solid backup and I always feel confident enough when he's in net. Never going to take Ederson's spot, though.

I get the sense he knows he is good enough to start for a half dozen or so teams in the Prem (or even more in Germany/Spain/etc.) but is content in learning from the best for now. Not sure how long that will last, eventually he'll want to move on, and that's good business for player and club.

I think he will stay for few year before move on. Even he was mostly on the bench, he is not slacking on his training and with world class coach and facility really benefit him tremendously. I like him just because he knows that he is a backup keeper, he still training harder to earn his spot and hopefully winning a few starter in here and there.

No issues. Solid and that's all you want from your backup keeper. Never in a million years taking Edersons spot, you see how much we lose when Ederson isn't in net but expecting steffen to replicate him is asking too much.

Think the game could have gone differently if he doesn't stop Cornet's chance.

But people saying he should be our starter now need to take a deep breath.

Really good solid all round display from him today. Obviously it was a big save at 1-0 but he also had his wits about him when coming out to head the ball away a couple of times and managed to stand up for himself in the box and get something on the ball to clear crosses when Burnley’s big lumps were pressuring him.

Agree

It would be amazing if he could be our shotstopper, and Ederson our sweeper and passing GK. Anyway, what Ederson gives us, even with his limitations, is vital to the way we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.