#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately we live in a time where cretins of all ages use online platforms to abuse people and get the reactions/attention they crave - generally without consequence.

These gimps are from all over the world and, as others have said, pose as fans of multiple clubs with several burner accounts.

Consider the kind of weirdo you need to be to have that mentality.

Re Laporte. He's been fine since getting back in the side.

One of the negatives of being a world class teams is some of the new (so-called) fans you get are utter dick heads and aren’t proper blues.

I have criticised performances many times, of different players, in frustration on this forum but I’ve never and would never actually direct it at them, either online or in person.

If you’re a supporter you’re supposed to support your players to help get the best out of them through assisting their confidence.

Are these little bastards helping Laporte? No, if anything they’re more likely to make him play worse next time than better.

He didn’t even really play badly, he was decent against Spurs and whilst he just stood and watched Everton’s goal, it wasn’t a shocking performance, definitely not warranting abuse and who cares, we won!

One aspect of his play that's frustrating me is his long passing. Yesterday, he managed 1 out of 7 passes and his success rate is far lower than Dias and Stones'.

He must just be rusty because he is on a totally different level to both of them when it comes to passing.

That being said, at the moment, I feel much more comfortable when I see Dias and Stones' names in the starting lineup.

He seems to have this reputation as being a difficult character but he just seems pretty unassuming to me. And even when he's out of the squad or struggling with injury, he's usually bigging up his team mates and celebrating our wins on social media. He's not one of those that seems not care about what's happening when he's out of the team. I can't see why 3 players for 2 positions should leave anyone feeling pushed out. The attacking players don't seem to mind a bit of rotation and there's some pretty big names at that end of the pitch.
Sane fucked off to be fair.

Sane fucked off to be fair.

I think Sane's playing time was low even for what someone might reasonably expect in a squad that's being rotated though. Not convinced that Pep was ever totally sold on him to be honest and his body language wasn't great when the going got tough. Not even sure playing time was the main driver for Sane's decision to leave either, I think the lure of Bayern and the windfall he stood to receive for moving clubs was a pretty big factor too.

Laporte has had two bad games, both against Spurs, in the three and a bit seasons he's been here. Apart from that he's basically been flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.