15 Years ago today

matrix said:
3/5/1998 Stoke City v Man City both teams relagated to the third tier of the football league, a part of our history we should never forget.

Forget?

I still have nightmares about it and wake up to realise it did actually happen.

Will never forget or forgive the six fingered inbreds for their stone throwing antics into the area where our coaches were parked after the game as plenty of women and kids copped for it that day.

What a sad season that 97-98 season.We should have sacked Frank Clarke in January.Joe would have saved us from relegation with a bit more time.

poor stoke fans

City fans gave as good as they got

as always

Don't condone it but better than the alternative lol

I was there, 19 years of age, watched the stands as much as the game that day. Going off everywhere you looked. Blues scrambling over the pitch from the stoke stands as the game went on to get in our end. There was a little section of seats to the right of where we were sat that blues were getting put into as well when they were discovered with a shield of police around them.

Strangely it was pretty euphoric at the final whistle after winning. Strange

And then when we got out, I was stood at the top of the hill and looked down at the bridge they have there. Thousands waiting for us. And half way across the bridge there was no one. They werent moving. In went the horses and for the first time in my life I saw grown men punching horses. On the walk back there were cars strewn left right and centre.

Went the season after and Wiekens scored a belter in an empty stadium.

We needed to better either Port Vale or Portsmouth's result that day but they both bloody won, hence we both went down. The ultimate humiliation was that both Bury and Stockport finished above us that season. How times change in 15 years!

I remember being sat on the coach after the game stuck on the car park whilst bricks and bottles rained down onto the roof. We must have been stuck there for half a hour before the police would let us leave.

Was Danny Tiatto playing for Stoke that day?

I seem to remember Bradford city were one of the clubs who sent us down and their whole stadium were singing 'are you watching Mancheater?'. Wasn't Alan ball manager of the teams who capitulated? Portsmouth maybe?

Didsbury Dave said:
I seem to remember Bradford city were one of the clubs who sent us down and their whole stadium were singing 'are you watching Mancheater?'. Wasn't Alan ball manager of the teams who capitulated? Portsmouth maybe?

I thought Pompey won? although I could be wrong, they were certainly involved and Alan Ball was indeed the manager. I recall as we left the away end a City fan declaring he wanted 'Alan Balls head on a skewer'

Didsbury Dave said:

Other way round. Bradford capitulated to an Alan Ball managed Portsmouth and lost 4-0.

DD is wrong????

OMFG.gif
;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.