#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what to make of Rodri. I thought he was fucking awful for 12 months but I actually think he is doing ok at the minute.

I have no real issue with the Rodri and Fern partnership because we do look solid in midfield but it does highlight the issues further forward. A midfield three of Fern, Rodri and KDB is far more creative than the Liverpool midfield but their front three, especially the wide two, piss all over ours. If we want to continue with a two containing any of Rodri, Fern and Gundogan, we really need to sort out the wide positions.

That was actually one of his “better” games this season but the static performance as a whole highlighted just how little he offers the side in possession.

Nobody does those little strides forward he takes as if he’s looking for a forward pass enticing the opposition out onto him then immediately chops it back to somebody directly behind him before trotting back to be the last man as well as him.

Pair Fernandinho with Gundogan/Bernardo and we might see a few forward passes in a game.

Last edited:
That was actually one of his “better” games this season but the static performance as a whole highlighted just how little he offers the side in possession.

Nobody does those little strides forward he takes as if he’s looking for a forward pass enticing the opposition out onto him then immediately chops it back to somebody directly behind him before trotting back to be the last man.

Pair Fernandinho with Gundogan/Bernardo and we might see a few forward passes in a game.
Yeah I think you play one of Dinho or Rodri, and pair them with a midfielder who can carry it forward like Gundogan (or KdB, maybe Bernardo for energy).

But Pep went defensive today, and both players played fine, they did their roles well.

Not good enough , his first and natural thought is to go backwards every time he gets the ball, which maybe is the job of a defensive midfielder but when you see a truly world class player like Fernandinho in that role who is always looking to go forwards you realise how far behind Rodri is
Maybe unfair comparing Rodri to Dinho , but that is the standard we need , i can only think of Kante at Chelsea near Dinho's level , but we need to scour europe for the next Dinho or maybe give Tommy Doyle some games, that lad looks class and is far more mobile.

not a long term replacement for ferna...his immobility eans he needs another more defenisively minded midfielder next to him and therefore that takes a creative player out of the 11 unless you play KDB deeper as a box to box player.

Would be a very good player in Spain, France or Germany.

Not here sadly. Far too slow and his passing range is limited.

He needs another player with legs beside him which is ridiculous as that takes options away from other areas.

Should be sold in the summer but knowing the club he'll be offered a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.