#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct imo in your first sentence. Question is, what in today's transfer market would that first group, at the level they became, be valued at. £ 70 + for Kompany ?, only if you consider Van Dijk better than him. Sergio at his peak ? Joao Felix : £ 113 million apparently for "potential" what price Mbappe, £ 131 million, Neymar: £ 199 million. It is not a trick, why do people think we can buy whoever we want at any price and not be aware of the PL & European financial restraints, they are not gone. Maybe one or at most two per year but to suggest we can spend six to seven hundred million on players of the calibre that first group became over a short period is off the wall.
It’s not that it needs a wholesale group of top level players, but in my opinion we’re short of two genuinely top level players. One in midfield and one in attack.

We got the third that we needed in the summer, where Dias, at around £65m, is a significant outlay on a centre back.

We should certainly be breaking our ceiling for a striker in the summer and I think we need to do the same in midfield.

One of my best mates here in Valencia is a Barcelona fan. When we signed Rodri he was gutted because he wanted them to sign him. In his opinion Rodri's biggest attribute was his range of passing. Where has that gone? Is he being asked to just play 5 yard passes or is it him that's not showing the ability to do that in the PL? How did he miss that ball over the top when both Sterling and De Bruyne had broken their defensive line and would have had an easy opportunity to score? I was excited when we signed him based on what my mate had said. Last night's over hit pass just shows how one dimewnsional he is for us and that range of passing just isn't there.

One of my best mates here in Valencia is a Barcelona fan. When we signed Rodri he was gutted because he wanted them to sign him. In his opinion Rodri's biggest attribute was his range of passing. Where has that gone? Is he being asked to just play 5 yard passes or is it him that's not showing the ability to do that in the PL? How did he miss that ball over the top when both Sterling and De Bruyne had broken their defensive line and would have had an easy opportunity to score? I was excited when we signed him based on what my mate had said. Last night's over hit pass just shows how one dimewnsional he is for us and that range of passing just isn't there.

Simply untrue. He continually won it, kept it and gave it, accurately. He absolutely was not the reason for last night.

Looks like he is being asked to run all over the pitch and then not surprisingly is not where he should be at key moments. Whether he should be there anyway is another argument. I think his confidence is shredded and he's not on his own. We look like and play like we're not enjoying it.

I always sed the club needed to replace Fern with a similar style player. A DM who is mobile and has plenty of energy.

It’s this signing that seems to of changed the style of play. And it’s far worse. I would sell him tomorrow if it was possible.

I don’t mind Rodri (he ain’t improved on last season though) but that pass summed up the difference between him and Fernandinho perfectly. How often did we see Fern makes that type of pass for an easy goal two seasons ago. You could see Pep was fuming.

Last edited:
I don’t mind Rodri (he ain’t improved on last season though) but that pass summed up the difference between him and Fernandinho perfectly. You could see Pep was fuming.
It was such an easy pass, I could have done that with my cock. It’s so rare for our players to get in behind a defense with so much space, let alone two players. Pep might have been fuming but what did he do about and what will he do about it. Fuck all is the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.