#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you watched Fernandihno? He gives away soft fouls all the time.
There's a different between soft and tactical. Fernandinho is snide when he does it and gets away. Look at where he mostly commits them fouls. It's usually in a far less dangerous area. Even if we discount that losing Coady on the set piece to head home is still poor. Rodri still has to learn the dark arts and I've no doubt he'll learn them in time.

There's a different between soft and tactical. Fernandinho is snide when he does it and gets away. Look at where he mostly commits them fouls. It's usually in a far less dangerous area. Even if we discount that losing Coady on the set piece to head home is still poor. Rodri still has to learn the dark arts and I've no doubt he'll learn them in time.
Dude! Don't insult me. Everyone knows a tactical foul. He gives up cheap and unnecessary fouls. A lot. More than Rodri.

Second, my response wasn't an attempt to defend Rodri. I was simply questioning the assertion about Dihno that couldn't be farther from the truth.

Rodri was a mix bag. The foul and losing possession 2ice in bad spots were poor. But setting up the move for the 1st, 3rd and 4th goals were great. Not to mention he was often fantastic keeping possession under immense pressure.

I don't buy the He lost Coady claim either. He wasn't defending Coady.

He could have ten players up his arse and still want the ball and keep possession

That and the fact he can play it forward with regularity and skill is why I likes him

Dinho isnt perfect.....but he;s a legend here.Your dislike of the man really is unparalleled,maybe even unique.
DI think there can be some Blue Tinted lenses when it comes to Dihno. But dislike? Far from it

I often push back against claims I believe are untrue regardless of who it's about.

I have always liked Dihno. But I like facts and truth more than I do myths.

I'll admit my general objection to re-signing older players might come of as anti- Dihno. But it's not. It's a general principle about football.

And in reality, that would presume I hate every City legend. As legends often stay long enough to get old.

Thought Yaya was 2 years too long, Dave a year too long, Aguero is 2 years too long and Dihno a year too long. These are some of our greatest legends. I don't hate them, I just don't think seeing a lesser version of them at the end of their career is good for either them or the club.

But that's a different story... But I don't dislike Dihno.

DI think there can be some Blue Tinted lenses when it comes to Dihno. But dislike? Far from it

I often push back against claims I believe are untrue regardless of who it's about.

I'll admit my general objection to re-signing older players might come of as anti- Dihno. But it's not. It's a general principle about football.

And in reality, that would presume I hate every City legend. As legends often stay long enough to get old.

Thought Yaya was 2 years too long, Dave a year too long, Aguero is 2 years too long and Dihno a year too long. These are some of our greatest legends. I don't hate them, I just don't think seeing a lesser version of them at the end of their career is good for either them or the club.

I have never seen you give him the credit he deserves.Even the feint praise above seems though gritted teeth.

He was untouchable for 5 years in terms of his dominance of the DM role,and even now,he is still offering an option when Rodri needs a break.

We do need to find a replacement in the summer,but id still trust him for another season in the understudy role if it was absolutely necessary.I'd far sooner see him coaching though.

I strongly suspect Rodri is now a far better player for Dinho's presence and advice.

I have never seen you give him the credit he deserves.Even the feint praise above seems though gritted teeth.
You are probably right that I might not have given him as much credit as he deserved over the years. Which does come across as disliking him. But that's not the case.
He was untouchable for 5 years in terms of his dominance of the DM role,and even now,he is still offering an option when Rodri needs a break.

We do need to find a replacement in the summer,but id still trust him for another season in the understudy role if it was absolutely necessary.I'd far sooner see him coaching though.

I strongly suspect Rodri is now a far better player for Dinho's presence and advice.
I think Dihno is brilliant. I really do. IQ is clearly up near the rafters. Even Pep thinks so. The way he quickly processed what Pep wanted, adapted to it and then excelled. Is a testament to how cerebral he is.

He is a legend for a reason. I suppose I need to be better at both giving him his due, as much as I do pointing out when others use him to diminish others.

I might have done too much of the latter and not enough of the former.

How has Fern been here for a year to long when he still produces good performances every time he steps on the pitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.