#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make it or break it year for Rodri.

Has to work on his distribution , intensity and speed.

Has to convince that he is worthy of a place next season as we have to bring in 2 dm over the next two windows.

Price tag is irrelevant.

He's slow and not mobile enough. That's a blatant fact and probably he'll never come good in the Premier league.

However, people complaining about his passing being sideways or not progressive enough. That's Pep's philosophy. DM in Pep's team circulates the ball to unbalance the opposition ("pointless" passes to move the opposition around) and then spaces open up between the lines because the opposition loses its defensive shape. Or in other ways, DM plays short, "pointless" passes and invites the opposition to press (you can see sometimes when Rodri has the ball and he just stands still waiting for the opponent to come at him).

All this progressive passes thing without context is useless.

If you want vertical, progressive football, we need to appoint Marcelo Bielsa.

Rodri has to be one of the worst signing we have ever made! Every game i watch him and just don't get what he does or offers.. Nigel De jong was a bruiser very underrated and i miss a ball winning midfielder like that. I'm not having Rodri anywhere near our team very average player at best..

Rodri reminds me so much of Javi garcia

Make it or break it year for Rodri.

Has to work on his distribution , intensity and speed.

Has to convince that he is worthy of a place next season as we have to bring in 2 dm over the next two windows.

Price tag is irrelevant.
He has the mobility of a present day Didi Hamann. Unless he can manipulate time, I don’t see how he can improve in this area.

Technically skilled and keeps the ball reasonably well most of the time. Unfortunately he's painfully slow so gets to the man after the ball has gone and takes ages getting back. He's not aggressive enough either. We need a killer in defensive midfield; someone of the Makelele/Kante/De Jong/young Fern ilk.

He reminds me of a dog chasing a frisbee thrown between two or three people. Never quite quick enough to get to it.

This has to be a wind up. If the rags signed him we'd be having a field day. it was obvious after a handful of games he was going to struggle.

Rodri will be a legend if he stays long enough. Many fans selectively compare Fernandinho at his very best with a relatively young midfielder playing in a transitional period. Fernandinho himself was poor in Pep's first season (16/17) and was a nobody at Rodri's age, similarly to how Van Dijk was a nobody at Dias' age. Once our new defence settles, Rodri will look much better than now.

He's slow and not mobile enough. That's a blatant fact and probably he'll never come good in the Premier league.

However, people complaining about his passing being sideways or not progressive enough. That's Pep's philosophy. DM in Pep's team circulates the ball to unbalance the opposition ("pointless" passes to move the opposition around) and then spaces open up between the lines because the opposition loses its defensive shape. Or in other ways, DM plays short, "pointless" passes and invites the opposition to press (you can see sometimes when Rodri has the ball and he just stands still waiting for the opponent to come at him).

All this progressive passes thing without context is useless.

If you want vertical, progressive football, we need to appoint Marcelo Bielsa.

Explain Fernandinho turning defence into attack and slipping balls into de bruyne and Silva during the 17/18 and 18/19 seasons then? Maybe it has changed since and it's all part of this bottle job/breakdown Pep seems to be having, but watching the severe limitations of Rodri as a footballer, i suspect it''s just more down to him being unable to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.