#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he played okay. Not his best night in a blue shirt, but he didn't do a lot wrong. It just shows that both him and Cancelo need an extended run in the team, and giving them a break doesn't always pay off. I think Pep has managed him well though, and he generally chooses the right matches to play him in.

The penalty shout was fair, and people slating him for holding his face must of missed the fact that the ball pinged up from the challenge and his him square in the face. Probably not hard enough to do any proper damage, but it could have easily caught him in the eye.

Looked out of his depth today. Visibly the weakest link. Can't do it solo at this level like Fernandinho, Pep needs to make sure he has a partner against the top sides or leave him out
Who would replace him? - I think 2021 vintage Fern would have struggled if selected instead of Rodri. The 2018 version would have coped ok. He did not have a good game but neither did Cancelo who I expected to push into midfield to support him. Got to give Dortmund some credit as well they put a massive shift in and disrupted our normal game.

He tried to head the ball, if he had held his knee maybe we would have got that pen.
Expect him to have more energy and dominate games, not give away ball in dangerous areas.

So negative, always passes it back... frustrating to watch.
Even gundogan got annoyed by it.

Really poor first half again, he's been the weak link over the two legs but to his credit he sorted himself out at half time and was very good second half. I fear for him vs PSG though he will get nowhere near Neymar. Has to be a job for Fernandinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.