#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is getting the blame is he , fucking ridiculous

It's been over a year. How much longer do you want people to put their heads in the sand and act like a player that's slow and defensively inferior to Fernandinho in every statistical facet was a good signing?

The best games he plays for us are always against teams who don't counter us much (Burnley, even RM where we played more conservativey).

Against pacy counter attacking sides he has struggled from the off and I'm not sure where the improvement can come from, you can't just change the way a player plays.
He reminds me of Matic, Matic was excellent for counter attacking sides like Jose's Chelsea but put him in a team where he has to defend against pace and he has struggled.

I would ask questions from our recruitment people. Surely someone must've seen these potential issues. Probably he was again some option C or D (after De Jong, Jorginho at least) and we had to settle for someone where we hoped it worked, not expected it to work.

The best games he plays for us are always against teams who don't counter us much (Burnley, even RM where we played more conservativey).

Against pacy counter attacking sides he has struggled from the off and I'm not sure where the improvement can come from, you can't just change the way a player plays.
He reminds me of Matic, Matic was excellent for counter attacking sides like Jose's Chelsea but put him in a team where he has to defend against pace and he has struggled.

I would ask questions from our recruitment people. Surely someone must've seen these potential issues. Probably he was again some option C or D (after De Jong, Jorginho at least) and we had to settle for someone where we hoped it worked, not expected it to work.

Nail on head. No pace = problems against around 6/7 sides in this league. Unfortunately he has none and as such unless we completely change the way we play then he is next to useless in this side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.