16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, Rodri towards the end of last season is very poor. If Pep put him on the final and he makes a mistake that leads opposition to goal in Final. There will be many in here will be calling his head, that he never deserve to replace Fernandinho and wants him immediately sold.

That happened anyway

Nope, Rodri towards the end of last season is very poor. If Pep put him on the final and he makes a mistake that leads opposition to goal in Final. There will be many in here will be calling his head, that he never deserve to replace Fernandinho and wants him immediately sold.

Pep made a mistake that led to the opposition goal in the final. It's not enough to say we didn't play Rodri because there was a chance he might have played badly.

Wrong guy! I thought he was better than Fernandihno the day he walked in...

But let's put that aside... Either of the DMs played that day, and one of the out of form forwards benched and we'd have had a chance.

We lost coz we didn't have a base.

Yeah, but it will be magnitude ten times worse. It may potentially damage his confidence forever and harming his development to further his skill since then, losing at very critical moment because it his fault that his team losing at final.
Nice hypothetical. But he'd have been fine. And this whole hypo missed one small fact...

We'd have won :p

Wrong guy! I thought he was better than Fernandihno the day he walked in...

But let's put that aside... Either of the DMs played that day, and one of the out of form forwards benched and we'd have had a chance.

We lost coz we didn't have a base.

Put that last season rodri in lineup and we will lose even more goals. I have no faith in that version of Rodri at all, he really that bad towards the end.

Put that last season rodri in lineup and we will lose even more goals. I have no faith in that version of Rodri at all, he really that bad towards the end.

Not sure where the idea comes from that we'd be shipping goals with Rodri playing

After the loss in the derby, we conceded two in a win against Southampton (Rodri didn't play), lost 2-1 against Leeds (Rodri didn't play), lost 2-1 to Chelsea with a ridiculous team (our midfield was Rodri, Cancelo, Sterling, Torres, Mendy) due to Agüero missing that penalty, and lost 3-2 to Brighton because Cancelo was sent off after 10 minutes and we played Eric pissing Garcia

The only game where a half-decent team featuring Rodri conceded a load of goals was the 4-3 against Newcastle, which was just...weird

In the six Champions League knockout games before the final, we conceded three times in total

Rodri's form definitely dipped (as did the team's in general) when the winning run came to an end, but I take issue with the characterization of him as a walking liability gifting opponents goal after goal. It simply didn't happen

Not sure where the idea comes from that we'd be shipping goals with Rodri playing

After the loss in the derby, we conceded two in a win against Southampton (Rodri didn't play), lost 2-1 against Leeds (Rodri didn't play), lost 2-1 to Chelsea with a ridiculous team (our midfield was Rodri, Cancelo, Sterling, Torres, Mendy) due to Agüero missing that penalty, and lost 3-2 to Brighton because Cancelo was sent off after 10 minutes and we played Eric pissing Garcia

The only game where a half-decent team featuring Rodri conceded a load of goals was the 4-3 against Newcastle, which was just...weird

In the six Champions League knockout games before the final, we conceded three times in total

Rodri's form definitely dipped (as did the team's in general) when the winning run came to an end, but I take issue with the characterization of him as a walking liability gifting opponents goal after goal. It simply didn't happen

Fair enough, but the thing is it's mind boogling on how different the rodri of this season compared to last season. It's like he is different person, kind of like we bought a new player to a team without any of us realizing lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.