16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except now football is twice as competitive, and they didn't have to face oposition players who press like madmen.

A fun stat, how our defense bottles (they don't) in these sorts of games, any defense would become vulnerable if the opposition players bypass the midfield as soon as they get the ball.

Lalaie: “None of the goals City have conceded whilst Dinho was playing are his fault.”

Also Lalaie: “All of the goals City have conceded whilst Rodri was playing are his fault.”

Absolutely vital to the way we play.

Dinho is a legend, and I worried we wouldn’t be able to replace him in his prime. And I was right.

Because Rodri doesn’t replace Dinho, he is a different player, but has the same outsized impact on the pitch.

De Jong to Dinho to Rodri. Perhaps to Lavia next. Absolutely brilliant recruitment.

Absolutely vital to the way we play.

Dinho is a legend, and I worried we wouldn’t be able to replace him in his prime. And I was right.

Because Rodri doesn’t replace Dinho, he is a different player, but has the same outsized impact on the pitch.

De Jong to Dinho to Rodri. Perhaps to Lavia next. Absolutely brilliant recruitment.
Its like when yaya went and we didnt know how we could replace him and de bruyne came along. Different player but critical to our game.

Player of the year for me. KDB didn't have a great first half of the year, while Cancelo and Bernardo both went off the boil around the time De Bruyne came into form. Rodri's been crucial throughout all of it (and scored a few big goals too).

It still annoys me that he didn't start the CL final.

Also, Ferna was never a great defender. World class at many things and a seriously underrated passer but his defending was way too tactical-foul heavy for my taste even before he lost his mobility. The idea that Rodri is a weaker defensive presence than him doesn't work IMO.

Sure it has been said but looks like he has lost a good stone in weight by the look of it since he first came.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.