16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player of the season so far IMO. He has been man of the match or close runner up in every game he has played. He was immense against PSG and completely bossed the game.

i confess that a year ago I couldnt see it. Even though he was clearly brilliant on the ball, he appeared too slow for the premier league and was caught in possession too often. What a difference a year makes !
He is a clear and worthy successor to Fernandinho and will, in all likelihood, go on to be an even better player.

Get that contract extension sorted City !

All you lot acting like he's only come good the last couple of months will be back to saying he's shite the second makes a big mistake.

Agree with this but there's no doubt he's been in the best form of his City career, at least in my view. Every game he's just totally bossed the opposition and been borderline flawless.

All you lot acting like he's only come good the last couple of months will be back to saying he's shite the second makes a big mistake.
I agree that football fans can be much too quick to make a judgement about a new player (see Grealish), but I think there is an element that players build up good will and have credit in the bank. Cancelo and Rodri are two of those now, they can have a

He and Dias can battle it out for captain in the years to come. Our two rocks for the next decade.

Can I ask something? If I were to ask Pep Guardiola why he's consistently been starting Rodri in DM since he arrived, and likely to continue to do so, when he's got a legitimate legend like Fernandinho available, what do you think he would say?

Why do you even bother arguing with those idiots, they know as much as Martin KEOWN, ignore them , they might go away.

That is what pep would say.

He has. I was one of Rodri’s biggest critics but this season he has been in fantastic form. That does not mean that people were wrong about him last season as he was poor which Pep thought so too.

This seasons Rodri would not have been dropped towards the latter end of last season and he would have played in the CL final and we would have won it and that is coming from someone who said on this thread we would not win a big trophy with him in the side.

He has. I was one of Rodri’s biggest critics but this season he has been in fantastic form. That does not mean that people were wrong about him last season as he was poor which Pep thought so too.

This seasons Rodri would not have been dropped towards the latter end of last season and he would have played in the CL final and we would have won it and that is coming from someone who said on this thread we would not win a big trophy with him in the side.

Last season's Rodri didn't deserve to be dropped for the CL final. That was purely on Pep's obsession with tactical changes in the CL knockouts. He started 31 league games as we won a comfortable title last season.

If you genuinely said we wouldn't win a big trophy with him in the side, that suggests to me that you were just horrendously wrong, rather than he's somehow become a world class player overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.