16 | Rodri - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akanji and Grealish getting most of the plaudits today but they were second and third respectively behind Rodri as the best player on the pitch today. Every part of his role was done to an exceptionally high standard even after being weighed down by a yellow he had to take for the team. The level he's now reached with his forward passing has gone up another level over the summer.

Rolls Royce midfielder, he's been our best player this season after Haaland, the transition from Fernandinho to Rodri has been exceptional, good work from Pep and Txiki signing him. Always gives 8/10 performance, never injured and is there in the big games, deserved to play that UCL final but we move on.

Phillips needs to be healthy enough to start some games, or else his acquisition would have been useless.

Phillips needs to be healthy enough to start some games, or else his acquisition would have been useless.
Indeed, but he has signed on a long contract that he is a month into. Hopefully, our medical team didn't get it completely wrong, and nor did we ignore any information given. I imagine that we have the very best resources available to assist in his recovery.

He's been very good this season but not quite the levels he reached last season which were exceptional.
I don't think that any player has reached the levels that they were at yet, and we cannot judge the new players on that basis.

He's been very good this season but not quite the levels he reached last season which were exceptional.
Disagree, I think he's been significantly better this season on an individual basis. You have to remember last season he struggled a lot more when Bernardo wasn't alongside him doing the leg work. Bernardo has been utilised elsewhere a fair bit so far this season and his absence from the centre hasn't been noticed nearly as much because Rodri has stepped up again.

Disagree, I think he's been significantly better this season on an individual basis. You have to remember last season he struggled a lot more when Bernardo wasn't alongside him doing the leg work. Bernardo has been utilised elsewhere a fair bit so far this season and his absence from the centre hasn't been noticed nearly as much because Rodri has stepped up again.

Rodri was an absolute colussus last season. He also managed to grab 7 PL goals which is pretty exceptional for a CDM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.