16 | Rodri - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been excellent for a few seasons now, I just wish he had another yard of pace, but I'm probably being too picky.
I agree with you about his pace, he almost plays like an enforcer, great at the tackle or block but always looking for the back pass or sidewards.
I like safe but sometimes he plays to safe.
When he was missing for the derby I thought we were in trouble but it turned out probably our best game this season and by getting it forward quickly we scored six.

I agree with you about his pace, he almost plays like an enforcer, great at the tackle or block but always looking for the back pass or sidewards.
I like safe but sometimes he plays to safe.
When he was missing for the derby I thought we were in trouble but it turned out probably our best game this season and by getting it forward quickly we scored six.
He makes more passes into the final third than any other player in the league

Rodri's running on fumes. I dread to think what happens if gets injured. How we ended up with Kalvin Phillips as the only possible cover for Rodri is beyond me.
Agree he definitely needs a rest but his back up hasn’t showed he can be relied on, at least not yet. We need Phillips fit and up to speed ASAP,

Rodri's running on fumes. I dread to think what happens if gets injured. How we ended up with Kalvin Phillips as the only possible cover for Rodri is beyond me.
Phillips is fine. The real issue is that he doesn't stay healthy long enough. He won't be as good as Rodri, but he is a pretty solid DM when healthy... But that 'healthy' part is often the issue

Give Phillips time for crying out loud.
There aren't many players who pull up trees in the first season under Pep - and the injuries haven't helped with game time.
The lads an established England International, so there's something there

Plenty of them touch's sideways and back though, not saying he's anything other than a great player but I think he's a bit safe.
He is there to do that job,destroy/protect and keep it simple.......KDB and Gundo are the ones that shouldn't be safe and who usually slow our play down.

We are highly dependent on Rodri now, which means Pep has little choice but to overplay him.

Hopefully, Rodri won't be referred to as Mr Rodrigo toward the end of the season. Mentally and intellectually, he's levels above most City players, he won't react like Cancelo. But we shouldn't rely on that. Play Gundo at DM to give Rodri a rest, if Phillips doesn't find his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.