16 | Rodri - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Rodri tired in the second half and made some basic errors against Leipzig , we spent £45m on Phillips and its plainly obvious Pep doesnt trust him ,but now is the time to give Phillips the game time he needs and Rodri a well earned rest.
He was a superb enforcer for Leeds and you not telling me he isnt capable of controlling lowly opposition like Bournemouth next Saturday.

He's making basic mistakes because he has been flogged to death. All because Phillips isn't fit for purpose - terrible signing especially as we let Lavia go to Southampton to make room for him

He's making basic mistakes because he has been flogged to death. All because Phillips isn't fit for purpose - terrible signing especially as we let Lavia go to Southampton to make room for him
Yeah I am sure Lavia would have been buzzing to be sat on the bench.

Pep doesn't trust a 27yr old with years of top level experience. What chance has a 17yr old got, in the most important position in the team I might add.

Pep doesn't trust a 27yr old with years of top level experience. What chance has a 17yr old got, in the most important position in the team I might add.

Rico Lewis is your answer. A hard-working 17 year old with a great attitude has a better chance of getting minutes than a 27 year old who has been essentially injured since he got here and reported for training overweight.

Samir Nasri could have been incredible under Pep but IMO once he came to training overweight that was probably it for him.

Lavia may well have been happy with that progression,unfortunately,despite the evidence that he was the real deal.....he received zero encouragement that a place on the bench might even be on the cards.

Rodri is absolute class, but he has earned a break. He isn't the only one who shows some evidence of slowing after the hour mark - Gundogan too. I wonder if we will see KDB back for the cup game, assuming he is now well, alongside Phillips and Perone. If not, BS, is there. There isn't much reason to change the back four, dependent on Laporte's illness, and I would definitely like to see Alvarez stay in the side.

Lavia may well have been happy with that progression,unfortunately,despite the evidence that he was the real deal.....he received zero encouragement that a place on the bench might even be on the cards.
I know you haved banged the Lavia drum for a while, just a shame we couldn't have kept him the kid looks the real deal.

I know you haved banged the Lavia drum for a while, just a shame we couldn't have kept him the kid looks the real deal.

It was just so obvious from the moment he arrived in the EDS that he had that extra quality.Im not sure how he was allowed to 'slip the net' when he play in the very position we were struggling to fill,and the likes of Palmer and Lewis,who are no more talented,were promoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.