16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't win the big prizes because he's not going to throw a hissy fit if some journo doesn't vote for him but everyone at least now universally recognises he deserves the lot

Didn't realise Lampard was better than Zidane...

Seriously, Rodri had 20+ goal involvements from DM last season and has been one of the very best players in the world over the last 2 years, maybe even the best. Cole Palmer scored a lot more goals than Rodri but is currently nowhere near Rodri's level.

As things stand, if Rodri wins the WC in 2 years, he will be considered legend of the game (he already is, imo, but English media are in love with Rice and can't appreciate Rodri).
He had 17(which is great), as OP said, "PL MVP," but your analogy of Lampard and Zidane is silly. Foden's role in the team is to be a goalscorer, and Rodri's is to be the facilitator. They both did their jobs at an incredible level last season, but as I said, scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in top-flight football. I'm pretty sure Pep has said as much, too. So, he edges it FOR ME.

As I said, there wasn't a 'wrong' choice.

He had 17(which is great), as OP said, "PL MVP," but your analogy of Lampard and Zidane is silly. Foden's role in the team is to be a goalscorer, and Rodri's is to be the facilitator. They both did their jobs at an incredible level last season, but as I said, scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in top-flight football. I'm pretty sure Pep has said as much, too. So, he edges it FOR ME.

As I said, there wasn't a 'wrong' choice.

So, Lampard did the hardest thing in football better than Zidane...

Rodri had 9 goals and 11 or 12 assists in all compets. From DM. And he's a lot more than a facilitator. You, and many other fans, don't understand how good Rodri is.

So, Lampard did the hardest thing in football better than Zidane...
Yes? Lampard was an elite goal-scorer, but that's just one part of the game, albeit a big one. I'm not saying that automatically makes him a better player than Zidane, as I'm not saying Foden is better than Rodri.

And I absolutely understand how great Rodri is- even more so after having to watch Rice on the ball all tournament!!!

Yes? Lampard was an elite goal-scorer, but that's just one part of the game, albeit a big one. I'm not saying that automatically makes him a better player than Zidane, as I'm not saying Foden is better than Rodri.

And I absolutely understand how great Rodri is- even more so after having to watch Rice on the ball all tournament!!!

It's OK, mate. Foden is an exceptional talent. Rodri is the better player, though.

So, this Rodri bloke ?
Is he any good ?
How much will he cost ?
Is he better than what we’ve got ?
Sort it out Cheeky ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.