16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had some good DM's over the years , DeJong, Barry, Dinho but Rodri is proving the perfect player in his position , too many players being regarded as world class when they clearly are not , but this guy is the epitome of a world class player. If we lost Rodri for a chunk of the season due to injury it would be a massive problem , and even a magician like Pep would struggle to keep us on track , Rodri is simply irreplaceable

I’m scared for him this season. What plan do we have to properly give him rest to ensure a repeat of last season doesn’t happen again?

I’m scared for him this season. What plan do we have to properly give him rest to ensure a repeat of last season doesn’t happen again?
Kalvin Phillips.

Ok, joking aside, I think a combination of Gvardiol, Stones, Lewis, Kovacic and potentially Paqueta may all do deputy work in there from time to time. You can't really legislate for a long-term injury though. It's not realistic for us to be able to have someone as good just waiting in the wings.

Reactions: TFC
Classy classy player..

Needs resting at some point. He sometimes makes little mistakes that can be costly. I feel it's a bit of mental fatigue.
He had an oopsie yesterday that I have seen before towards the end of season.

Hope has an opportunity to refresh and refocus at some point in the season.

If he gets injured and suffers a long lay off, we will really struggle to retain any of our titles.
Absolutely integral to the way we play.
Best in the world in his position.

If his name was Tom....
tom-and-jerry-tom-playing-all-instruments.gif

I think he is the most complete midfielder I have seen in my life.

He is at the very least "good" at any metric you can attribute to a midfielder.

His progress is phenomenal...

19/20 -> had a lot of issues defensively, unconvincing positioning during counter-attacks
20/21 -> Bernardo-Rodri duo in midfield was introduced, his issues were covered and we dominated Europe, but TBH Bernardo was more influential in our midfield during that year.
21/22 -> Bernardo-Rodri duo was still the thing, but we started to see, that Rodri is beginning to cope alone and it's not about Bernardo, Rodri is the beast as well..
22/23 -> Rodri THE GODRI...
23/24 -> GODRI The Rodri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.