16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
he seemed fine in the celebrations

He was dancing in the celebrations after the game

Euphoria can take away pain. We've all experienced that.
Any player with anything about him can play through pain (he said in the interview that he still felt pain in the knee, I didn't imagine it). Kev's done it for years and it finally caught up with him. For most of 2011-12, Merlin said that he was in pain in his left ankle in interviews both during and after that season, although you'd never have known it.
Footballers are like racehorses. Especially great ones. They hear that bell, they want to race.
I'm not talking about taking him out for matches. I'd see how it's going against Everton. We're much more savvy now about thinking medium and long-term with players, rather than just going for the short-term gain.

This is a laughable comparison — in fact, it's not a comparison — but I'm in some pain in my left knee at present, having had an operation on the meniscus a month ago. I'm doing work on it with the physio, and exercises at home, and it's getting better, no doubt about it. The other day I had a train to catch, and I thought “Fuck it, I've felt ok recently” and I just hammered to the station, about twenty-five minutes away walking briskly, i.e. my normal pace. That evening, I was made to pay for my temerity.
That is maybe why I'm sensitive to this question in relation to Rodri (and other players) at present.

Last edited:
Euphoria can take away pain. We've all experienced that.
Any player with anything about him can play through pain (he said in the interview that he still felt pain in the knee, I didn't imagine it). Kev's done it for years and it finally caught up with him. For most of 2011-12, Merlin said that he was in pain in his left ankle in interviews both during and after that season, although you'd never have known it.
Footballers are like racehorses. Especially great ones. They hear that bell, they want to race.
I'm not talking about taking him out for matches. I'd see how it's going against Everton. We're much more savvy now about thinking medium and long-term with players, rather than just going for the short-term gain.

This is a laughable comparison — in fact, it's not a comparison — but I'm in some pain in my left knee at present, having had an operation on the meniscus a month ago. I'm doing work on it with the physio, and exercises at home, and it's getting better, no doubt about it. The other day I had a train to catch, and I thought “Fuck it, I've felt ok recently” and I just hammered to the station, about twenty-five minutes away walking briskly, i.e. my normal pace. That evening, I was made to pay for my temerity.
That is maybe why I'm sensitive to this question in relation to Rodri (and other players) at present.
I’m with you. The times I crocked myself in my youth and either carried on playing, or tried to, only to seize up several hours later once the adrenalin had worn off and the swelling taken hold, were many. Worst was a slipped disc when I couldn’t carry on playing, but trotted back to the car and drove home without difficulty, only to then spend the next 48 hours lying in bed, pissing in a bottle and unable to even turn over, such was the pain, and three months later all roads led to the operating theatre.
Rodri saying he feels fine is great news, but it’ll mean a lot more if he says it again today. That was a horrible tackle, trapping and twisting his ankle and opening up the inside of knee in the process. Either way I don’t doubt City will give him a microscopic medical once over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.