16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Yes he made couple mistakes, but Imagine any player, playing Rodri’s position in this City team

He is the best player in World Football for me right now and Pep pushes him even further by giving him responsibilities on the pitch he has, which is something that no midfielder could carry if we are fair. But Pep is correct, cause when you have this player, you should utilize him at 100%.

That’s why mistakes happen, but play Casemiro, Bruno, Kroos and I don’t know any CDM there and you will get 10x mistakes

He is absolutely phenomenal

Have been watching football and can’t remember anyone near to this level.

Vieira, Zidane, Yaya, Busquets, Gerrard, Lampard, Alonso… Rodri for me is above them

Made a rare mistake in the first half, but apart from that was good.

Looks Knackered. When Phillips goes in Jan, somebody must come in who can be trusted to help and play with Rodders

Ok he made a few mistakes tonight but his general level is so high that we can forgive him those. He looked even more polished when Kova came on to firm up the middle with him.

He’s at that rarefied level now of being a player who’s so good he can grab hold of the game and shape it to his will. I was always aware of that phrase and knew what it meant but until I’d seen a City player do it with my own eyes I didn’t really understand how it worked.

And then along came Yaya and it all made sense, then KDB and now Rodri. All three have that special talent that only the true greats have. We’re so lucky that we get to watch this guy play every week

And then along came Yaya and it all made sense, then KDB and now Rodri. All three have that special talent that only the true greats have. We’re so lucky that we get to watch this guy play every week
You missed out Fernandinho who i think was as important as any, so good he carried Yaya for 2 seasons and gave us 9 years of solid world class service. As good as Rodri is i think Ferno at his peak was better, but I'm not arguing the toss as Rodrigo is almost as good and is now our most important player as Fernandinho was.

You missed out Fernandinho who i think was as important as any, so good he carried Yaya for 2 seasons and gave us 9 years of solid world class service. As good as Rodri is i think Ferno at his peak was better, but I'm not arguing the toss as Rodrigo is almost as good and is now our most important player as Fernandinho was.

Rodri is better than Ferna, he is on another level passing wise and can receive the ball under pressure much better. Rodri completes about 90-100 passes per game, 15-20 more than Ferna. Ferna was one of the best DMs in the world, Rodri is the best, as he combines qualities of a traditional destroyer with qualities of a deep-lying playmaker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.