16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the biggest Real Madrid fan accouns on Twitter have made a 68 minute long fail compilation of Rodri, painting a narrative he is overrated and doesn't deserve 2024 Ballon d'Or.

That video has been seen by 10 million people.

One of the biggest Real Madrid fan accouns on Twitter have made a 68 minute long fail compilation of Rodri, painting a narrative he is overrated and doesn't deserve 2024 Ballon d'Or.

That video has been seen by 10 million people.

The same Real Madrid that would break the bank to sign him given the slightest chance?

Not convinced any City player will ever see a Balon D'Or. We just don't have the media presence other established clubs have.

My mind was made up after Haaland lost out last year and it's been reinforced after that Guardian piece on how Walker's throw-in was to blame for England's demise at the Euros.

It'll be V.Junior, J.Bellingham and then Rodri.

Not convinced any City player will ever see a Balon D'Or. We just don't have the media presence other established clubs have.

My mind was made up after Haaland lost out last year and it's been reinforced after that Guardian piece on how Walker's throw-in was to blame for England's demise at the Euros.

It'll be V.Junior, J.Bellingham and then Rodri.

We absolutely have the media presence. We live in the mind of the media rent free. Even Real Madrid fans treat us like a big threat.

We don't get media favouritesism. That's the real difference.

We absolutely have the media presence. We live in the mind of the media rent free. Even Real Madrid fans treat us like a big threat.

We don't get media favouritesism. That's the real difference.

Hard disagree. The overwhelming majority of Rodri's PR campaign of Ballon d'Or in social media actually comes from way, way bigger club fanbases (Barca, Bayern etc).

Same thing happened during 2022-23 season when Erling Haaland was a Ballon d'Or candidate. Real Madrid fans did most of the heavy lifting in the social media.

A lot of people will not like my opinion, but Man City fans on social media aren't big enough to create huge PR campaigns. Man City are simply just not as popular as United, Liverpool, Arsenal and even Chelsea...

No matter who looks better on a table of stats it's a little bit stupid to compare players stats when they play incompletely different positions.

In the end both of them won the league with their clubs. One won an international tournament with his country and was their best player and play all the tournament, and the other won a Champions League with their club and was their best player

although i'd love Rodri to win, I think both fully deserve to be in the conversation

the reason I think Rodri deserves it is you only get a crack at an international tournament every two years, or every four years if you want to just consider the one he won, so it makes it a bit more special than winning something you get a crack at every season.

Not forgetting Rodri did it for both his club and country this year, whereas Vinicius Jr only really had success with the club. Rodri just dominates in either scenario and that's why he deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.