16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I agree with the idea that this was Rodri's best game (compared to say Chelsea), but I could totally understand the post. It was hardly an insult or dismissive comment either (ie well he's only good against shit sides).

To say that Rodri's best game every season is against Burnley is the definition of a backhanded compliment, mate.

Also, it's pointless to single out his performances vs Burnley as his very best when Rodri had better performances against much better teams, e.g., Chelsea and PSG recently. Chelsea and Liverpool are physical in different ways to Burnley, e.g., their pressing is very hard to deal with. Rodri's physical attributes help him to withstand intense pressing, probably better than Busquets would do in the PL.

At the risk of annoying a few I think ninjamonkey's point and appreciation is being misunderstood.

Rodri is of the mould of midfielders like Jorginho, Busquets, Alonso etc but he's uniquely built like a tank. Those guys were never truly capable of handling the physical side but Rodri revels in it. He's not as good as Busquets at what Busquets did, but he's the best at doing that stuff in a league as physical as the PL. Much like you could say about Touré at times.

Today you saw the best of Rodri as his usual holding midfielder self, but there were plenty of occasions where he was just a 6ft3 guy bashing into Burnley's thuggish players in tussles and winning as many aerial duels as he could.

I'm not sure I agree with the idea that this was Rodri's best game (compared to say Chelsea), but I could totally understand the post. It was hardly an insult or dismissive comment either (ie well he's only good against shit sides).
With all due respect, I’m more than capable of dissecting a post and I suggest it’s you who has misunderstood his point... a cumulative change in praise after totally dismissing his qualities from day dot, it’s called ‘sugarcoating’... and as @alexmcity states, a backhanded attempt to boot!

Bernardo and Rodri have started the season superbly.

Rodri is a Rolls Royce of a player, purrs along almost unnoticed, but a complete class act, wonderful reader of the game.

I think he's gone up a level this season. He's been playing brilliantly every game. He must be one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.