#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not played well for a while.

Looks out of shape, in fact, I’ll say it, he looks fat!

In the last few weeks he’s looked like an ex footballer in one of those charity games. Still got it, but doesn’t look as fit as modern players.

I've been thinking about Kev, and I think one of the things I'm most disappointed in with this season is that he's not stepped into the leadership vacuum left by Vinny.

He was talking in August about wanting the captaincy, and I thought that at 28 he'd be primed to step up and become the leader of this side but so far he's almost done the opposite and shrunk a bit.

I'd like to see him start being the man, so to speak. Take penalties, because no one else is good at them. Demand the ball, shout at people - lay into the fucking striker if they botch the chances you put on a plate for them. Take up the Yaya role of the guy who will just decide a game if no one else has grabbed control of it.

Where have the goals gone? He used to be our one guy who could shoot from outside the box and it not be wasteful, but he scores fewer goals every year.

He was getting very frustrated on Sunday and spent a lot of time shouting and gesticulating to others and he wasn't getting much back. I am sure at some point he was going past Pep with his arms wide open as if to say what more do you want me to do. He was massively let down with the final touches on some of his delivery and whilst he burst away a few times he just had no support. We seemed to spend most of the game with all 11 players in our own half.

He was getting very frustrated on Sunday and spent a lot of time shouting and gesticulating to others and he wasn't getting much back. I am sure at some point he was going past Pep with his arms wide open as if to say what more do you want me to do. He was massively let down with the final touches on some of his delivery and whilst he burst away a few times he just had no support. We seemed to spend most of the game with all 11 players in our own half.
Yes he is doing his best,the rest are the ones who aren't stepping up to fill the gaps,it's all become very sloppy and with a high risk way we play it cannot be sloppy,he is not really the problem

He looks washed out after an hour and isn't the kev we know.
Maybe it's sleepless nights with the little kiddie but he just isn't on his game.
Looks like he's lost a yard.
Still puts a mean cross in but I think these knee injuries have done somert to him, whether it's mentally or physically.
Hoping he's firing by the second part of the season .

Yep i clocked that as well, a few times he could be seen not happy with what was occurring before him

Yup - he cut a lone figure on Sunday.

Although, part of him seeing a majority of others back in their own half was because we were far too slow in recycling the ball forward & Gundog more than often receiving the ball in good space and then playing the safe ball and playing back instead of driving forward. The other part was us most likely scared of being hit on the counter again.

He looks washed out after an hour and isn't the kev we know.
Maybe it's sleepless nights with the little kiddie but he just isn't on his game.
Looks like he's lost a yard.
Still puts a mean cross in but I think these knee injuries have done somert to him, whether it's mentally or physically.
Hoping he's firing by the second part of the season .
Probably because he puts in twice as much effort as everyone else has in the recent games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.