#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a Certain Barcelona game. And a game at Chelsea. Then of recent there is the PSG game...

There have been some "Debryune" games. Maybe not a final. But some huge ones. But yes a Kevin final will please me greatly :)

was the Barca game really a "Kev" game? Think it was a team win. The Chelsea win yes but it's harder to remember a midwinter league game compared to a semi or final. The PSG games were Mahrez games let's be honest.

our past seasons are littered with an unfit Kev coming back in and the team going off the boil by a yard, so Pep needs to learn from it if he isn't right. We have to be on our absolute A game in 2 weeks.

I have been thinking though for all the amazing moments, we've never really had a "Kev" game, the one people talk about like 93:20, or Vinnie against Leicester. I hope the CL final is the "De Bruyne" final and he takes that step to cement himself as the Ballon D'Or level candidate.
Yeah, I actually agree with this. He’s won plenty of matches for us on his own, but he’s never had a Toure or Sergio moment.

to win it unless you're Messi or Ronaldo you need to have a defining moment in your season.

If we win the UCL and Belgium doesn’t completely flop in the Euros, it’s his to lose. The Ballon D’Or sometimes gets to a player a few seasons later than when they should have won, but it’s a crowning achievement. These aren’t particularly experts voting, they’re not going to see “oh, Ruben Dias had a great season”. They look at City and see Kevin, because that has been the focus the past few years. It would be a bit like when Modric won. UCL + Croatia’s second place in the World Cup. In fact, I don’t see who else would win barring Mbappe destroying the Euros and winning it for France... maybe? Ronaldo and Messi aren’t going to win it (Messi would deserve it this year more than some previous years, but leaving the UCL so early and not winning La Liga hurts). Mbappe still doesn’t have enough given the UCL. How do we not consider Kevin the frontrunner at this point?

If we win the UCL and Belgium doesn’t completely flop in the Euros, it’s his to lose. The Ballon D’Or sometimes gets to a player a few seasons later than when they should have won, but it’s a crowning achievement. These aren’t particularly experts voting, they’re not going to see “oh, Ruben Dias had a great season”. They look at City and see Kevin, because that has been the focus the past few years. It would be a bit like when Modric won. UCL + Croatia’s second place in the World Cup. In fact, I don’t see who else would win barring Mbappe destroying the Euros and winning it for France... maybe? Ronaldo and Messi aren’t going to win it (Messi would deserve it this year more than some previous years, but leaving the UCL so early and not winning La Liga hurts). Mbappe still doesn’t have enough given the UCL. How do we not consider Kevin the frontrunner at this point?
Unfortunately I can see lot of votes likely going to Lewandowski for his scoring exploits. Just got to hope we beat Chelsea, and if so that it weighs in KDB’s favour.

Unfortunately I can see lot of votes likely going to Lewandowski for his scoring exploits. Just got to hope we beat Chelsea, and if so that it weighs in KDB’s favour.
Lewandowski won once for his career, he isn’t winning again, especially without a UCL to back him

Just came across this. Apologies if already posted...

Kevin De Bruyne
1f5e3.png
:
"When I was 14, I left my parents to join Genk training center. The first year I ended up in a large boarding school, where you sleep with everyone. Fortunately, the second year, I was with a host family. But things didn't go as planned. I'm someone who is fine on my own, I'm kind of shy. I thought everything was fine, at the end of the year, everything was going well. My foster parents never had to go to school for problems, academic or disciplinary. I said goodbye to them without knowing what was going to happen. ⠀
Then one day I come home and my parents were sad, they were crying, I asked, 'what's wrong?', And there they told me that my host family didn't want more of me. I asked them why and they said it was 'because of who you are'. I did not understand. 'You are difficult to pin down, you are very calm. You have trouble interacting with the other children. They just find you difficult '. ⠀
It's not nice to hear that when you're 15 or 16. That day, I kicked the ball against a wall for hours. I told myself that everything was going to be fine, and that in a few months I would be in the first team and that I would no longer experience failure. ⠀
When I came back after the summer, I was in the B team and I told my parents that in two months I will be in the first team. I trained like crazy, I had fire in me. It was as if I had gone mad. I remember we were playing on a Friday night, I was a substitute. I came on in the second half and I scored five goals. That day changed my history in the club and I joined the first team."⠀

Respect, Kevin De Bruyne!
1f499.png

Lewandowski won once for his career, he isn’t winning again, especially without a UCL to back him

Lewandowski is nailed on for the Ballon d'or unless someone does something absolutely spectacular.

They already feel guilty about cancelling the award instead of giving it to him last year and he's about to break a record that's stood for 50 years and was considered absolutely untouchable.

40 goals in 26 league games is absolutely insane.

Lewandowski is nailed on for the Ballon d'or unless someone does something absolutely spectacular.

They already feel guilty about cancelling the award instead of giving it to him last year and he's about to break a record that's stood for 50 years and was considered absolutely untouchable.

40 goals in 26 league games is absolutely insane.

Would take Lewandowski for a couple of seasons btw. I know he's 32, but he's just incredible isn't he? We'd have no blocking of Delap then too theoretically. Can't think of anyone better for him to learn from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.