#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piss poor tonight, no excuses. We've Played 8 games this month, he's had 3 of them off completely so I'm not convinced by the he's played too much angle. Everyone has blips, he's allowed them too but needs to be better than that.

He's not fit,he looks clumsy and ponderous in much of his movement and his previously impeccable technique and passing is suffering.

He still manages to contribute more than others though,which shows the quality of the man.

It seems obvious to me that he should be playing much deeper than he is this season. As amazing a player as he is he isn't the best in tight spaces and that's where Gundogan is strong.

We saw in the last 5 minutes against WBA what he's capable of when he drops deeper and pulls the strings, especially against a packed defence.

He needs to stop trying to sidefoot the one on ones and just smash one in to get his confidence back.

He’s missing Dave, Dave drew in defenders around the box allowing Kev to have more space to shoot or pass. Please pep put Ilkay 6 Bernie in Dave’s role and let Kev be deeper

It seems obvious to me that he should be playing much deeper than he is this season. As amazing a player as he is he isn't the best in tight spaces and that's where Gundogan is strong.

We saw in the last 5 minutes against WBA what he's capable of when he drops deeper and pulls the strings, especially against a packed defence.
So true. He's more box to box than a David S. This is clear when you see his position change, usually later in games, eg when he starts popping up at right-back we start ticking as a team

Spot on. He’s on the ball more, with more time, from deeper on the pitch. He’s too erratic at the minute further up, with less time to think and less margin for error. His legs are slowing as he reaches his latter years after the injuries he’s had. I think those injuries will mean he won’t still be playing at this level in his mid-30s(like Yaya couldn’t), but he can still be as good as he was from a deeper position.

been played into the ground and carried the team on his back for so long that he's now played himself out of form. A shame, but he also doesn't have the same support in midfield he did with Dave drawing people and open up locks and space on the opposite side of the pitch.
He has not carried the team in his back at any point this season. Has had good key moments. But a ton of frustrating moments too.

I'm not a fan of the constant whining and spreading his arms. But what I most dislike about what I'm seeing from him lately is how he doesn't apologise to teammates when he makes a mistake. That's just poor behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.