#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way he came out second half angry and with a point to prove is where we need his head to be from the start. I obviously dont know, but i would hazard a guess that Pep had a few harsh words to say to him at half time .
I have a feeling Pep will have had a few harsh words to say to all of them after that lacklustre 45. I dread to think what his thoughts were on Sterling.

He seems to be the only one who looks good in that position and it gets all three on the pitch worked a treat season aswell.
The consistent front 5 during our Champions League run last season was Bernardo, Gundogan, Mahrez, Foden, KDB.

Unfortunately we've gone away from it in an attempt to fit Grealish in at the expense of Gundogan and to the detriment of Foden.

The consistent front 5 during our Champions League run last season was Bernardo, Gundogan, Mahrez, Foden, KDB.

Unfortunately we've gone away from it in an attempt to fit Grealish in at the expense of Gundogan and to the detriment of Foden.
I think we will use this same system when the CL games come back and sub in Grealish and Sterling depending on the state of the game. in the PL it is a different story we need to give Grealish his learning time to ultimately phase out Gundogan from our squad as he is getting slow and old

Thought he was outstanding in the second half at the weekend. Constantly looked a threat and was so unlucky either hie effort that hit the post. Looked to me like the only driving force in the side.

I think we will use this same system when the CL games come back and sub in Grealish and Sterling depending on the state of the game. in the PL it is a different story we need to give Grealish his learning time to ultimately phase out Gundogan from our squad as he is getting slow and old
There is nothing wrong with the current gundy ffs , he is a much better and productive option than grealish and his playing time , he is here for five years , no rush at all

There is nothing wrong with the current gundy ffs , he is a much better and productive option than grealish and his playing time , he is here for five years , no rush at all
I am not saying current gundo has anything wrong but there is no doubt he is physically declining and cannot play in some intense games and every game. we need to look at the future. Remember gundo is 31 and Grealish is 26.

I am not saying current gundo has anything wrong but there is no doubt he is physically declining and cannot play in some intense games and every game. we need to look at the future. Remember gundo is 31 and Grealish is 26.
Gundy is by far the better player , there is no doubt about that at all

Some of us are watching completely different games it seems. I think KDB has been looking a lot faster and fitter than he has for a long time recently. He was closing down players in the dying seconds of the games.
Spot on. Second half v Chelsea and second half v Southampton, he was the main man closing down and winning the ball back.

Spot on. Second half v Chelsea and second half v Southampton, he was the main man closing down and winning the ball back.
Weirdly his fitness looks to have got a lot better since he caught and then recovered from COVID. Pre-COVID his fitness seemed to be stuck in a bit of a rut, and didn’t appear to improve even when he was getting a run of games.

Maybe being stuck in isolation for a week or so has re-focused his mind and energies, but there’s definitely been a notable improvement over the past few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.