#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any news about his injury?? It didn't seem too serious just minor but you never know.
I think he should not play on Saturday even if he can. I (and we) want the Championship much more than the Cup.

Noticed him on a half limp for about 5 minutes before he went off, serious muscle injuries tend to cause you to go down instantly, he didn't even go down. based on absolutely nothing other than what I with no medical knowledge saw and blind hope, I don't think it will be serious. As much as I want us to smash the dippers, if we're going to be missing players for any remaining game this season, it would be this weekend

Noticed him on a half limp for about 5 minutes before he went off, serious muscle injuries tend to cause you to go down instantly, he didn't even go down. based on absolutely nothing other than what I with no medical knowledge saw and blind hope, I don't think it will be serious. As much as I want us to smash the dippers, if we're going to be missing players for any remaining game this season, it would be this weekend
Looked like a calf injury-prob minor, but would still be 2-3 weeks?

Looked like a calf injury-prob minor, but would still be 2-3 weeks?
Wouldn't even want to guess mate, kdb has a history with muscle injuries, he's gone off with innocuous looking injuries and missed months, equally, he's gone off after pulling up expecting not to see him for weeks and he's back the very next game and fine. No idea.

didn't even see it happen, I just noticed his discomfort putting in a token chase of a long ball a few minutes before going off, was just before hoddle started telling us kdb needed to offer more when it was clear at that point he was struggling.

He's already the most talented certainly of this century, but the nostalgia for the Kompany/Aguero/Silva/Touré generation is so strong that many fans will probably never consider him on that level.

I think the reason we've been through two phases of everyone going "are we better without KDB in the team?" is that Gundogan and Bernardo both score and assist more when De Bruyne is injured. But at his best, even though those two are among the best midfielders in the world, it's not even a close contest. On Sunday the two best sides in the world went head to head and De Bruyne was the best player on the pitch by so much it was laughable.
De Bruyne is already citys best ever player, have we ever had a player in the running for balon dor before? Also a twice player of the year in britain (and should have been 3)

Kev also has just as many honours and has produced in europe in a way that original crew didn't.

We'll miss him if he's out for 2 or 3 games, but I'm confident that with Bernardo and Gundogan in the engine room alongside Rodri, it's a position we have well covered.

When he sat on the bench someone asked him and he clapped his hands as if he was explaining it was an impact. I would hope just a bit of soreness from that.
I thought impact injury from the way he seemed to hobble and address it in the bench, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.