#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't good yesterday either. He looks miles off his best

Just another example of bullshit stats. Hearing the headline saying he got 2 assists makes it sound like he's had a stormer, now I've not seen the game and perhaps he did but having just watched the highlights, they're two basic passes with all the work coming from the two goalscorers.

At least with them out, they should in theory play a weakened side in their 3rd place game which should allow us to manage his gametime accordingly.
That's the whole point about "assists". A great through ball but the striker skies a sitter, passer gets nothing.
A simple short 5-yard side pass then the striker goes on to beat 10 men to score, passer gets an assist.
It's one of the most meaningless stats. Same as "Clean Sheets for GK, both Eddie and Alisson owe much to having a solid defence.

I think it says alot about his quality that he can get 2 assists but still be below his standard.

I'm not going to worry yet but he does look slow both physically and mentally.

Keep hearing he needs to play through this form to regain his fitness, but everytime you see him he looks like he needs a rest to me. Comes up with a vital goal once more though even when he's been largely poor to show exactly why you want him in the pitch as much as possible regardless.

Gundogans return from injury will make resting him an easy thing to make happen in thr next few weeks before united if it's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.