#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how many times people repeat this mind-numbingly stupid accusation, it won't make it true.

The only people involved in the decision are Kevin De Bruyne and the doctor who is required to warn him of the consequences of his decision. It was De Bruyne's choice, and he's paid the consequences for that choice.

How many hundreds of players need to prioritise a chance at a trophy over long term injury risk before people just accept that players are always going to do this? It's a short career anyway and you might well never be 2 games from winning the European Championships again.
It's only numbingly stupid if you can't comprehend the power a manager has over a team, who knows what shape their players are in, and how fit they are, or if they should really take the risk of playing them considering the importance of a knockout Euros. KDB saying yes is only part the problem.

And the player.

Any player that takes injections to play any game is an idiot, there is no secret to the harm they do, it's long been known.

KDB has had injury problems for some considerable time and is now at an age where they are catching up with him, high time he looked after himself and said NO I am not playing and NO I am not taking medication.That applies to the national team and to City.

If he is not careful his top flight career will be over.
Fair enough, but a manager like Martinez knows the implications of how a game can go for one of his most important players if it goes wrong, and the injury could get worse. These are things quite well communicated amongst the staff, and the manager knows it.

9/10 times players won't say no to the chance of playing an important knockout game for their country, that's quite simple.

No matter how many times people repeat this mind-numbingly stupid accusation, it won't make it true.

The only people involved in the decision are Kevin De Bruyne and the doctor who is required to warn him of the consequences of his decision. It was De Bruyne's choice, and he's paid the consequences for that choice.

How many hundreds of players need to prioritise a chance at a trophy over long term injury risk before people just accept that players are always going to do this? It's a short career anyway and you might well never be 2 games from winning the European Championships again.
kev said if he had known the damage it would do to play onit he wouldnt have done it so clearly the dr and or physio wasnt clear

Pep could have rushed KDB too, I'm sure he wanted to play, but Pep did not, he said we cannot take that risk because it could get even worse. That's essentially the difference of approach to a similar situation by Martinez in comparison to Pep. Protect your players if they are desperate and dumb enough to force a start by taking injections. Not sure how many games have gone down well for most players who play taking it either.

kev said if he had known the damage it would do to play onit he wouldnt have done it so clearly the dr and or physio wasnt clear

No, it means being told you're going to damage something if you play, and actually having to live through that pain for 3 months after is a different thing.

Fair enough, but a manager like Martinez knows the implications of how a game can go for one of his most important players if it goes wrong, and the injury could get worse. These are things quite well communicated amongst the staff, and the manager knows it.

9/10 times players won't say no to the chance of playing an important knockout game for their country, that's quite simple.
Martinez has to look after his interest, KDB likewise, that's life.

But players are full aware of the implications of pain killing injections, they do severe harm, short, medium and long term.

As said KDB is becoming a sick note and unless he is very careful and starts to listen to his body , as a player he may well have already peaked.

It's scary. I hope to fuck I'm wrong, but it looks like he is done
Can i retract this please!? I was 10 tens of guinness deep and fell asleep shortly after ha. I think i must have been on a bit of a WUM. Although one concern i do have (now thinking more rationally), is that if it is going to take him 5 or 6 games to get form back after being injured; perhaps he shouldn't be automatically started in big games during this period. For example, a fit Gundo would have been in our best 11 for the last few games and therefore Kev may have had to sit them out. As expressed by others already, Silva has to be an automatic starter going forward. He adds legs to the midfield that the other candidates do not have. Pep is going to have some really difficult decisions to make this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.