17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got go ask where has that performance been up until now?

A man on a mission last night,he was just magnificent.
I think a lot is down to the position he plays.

When stuck up front along side Haaland, as he has been much of the season, he doesn't see anywhere near as much of the ball. I think he is one of those players that needs to be continually involved in the game. He can do that much more from a deeper CM/AM position like last night.

Got to ask yourself whether that isn't his best position, out on the right, sometimes on the touchline. With a licence to rove, as he did last night. He looked unchained — probably the best performance he's put in for us this season.

Perhaps what Pep said clearly irked KdB to this performance.

He was busting a gut even in the 88th minute when it was completely not necessary, perhaps to prove the point he can still do it.

I take your point, but they all were. That was one of the most pleasing things about last night. There was a full half-hour to go when we went 6-0 up. We could have easily taken our foot off the gas (see the United game, which still annoys me a bit), and conceded a goal or two. Not a bit of it. As a team, they weren't having it.

Think Pep knows perfectly when players need a little nudge. Great response from Kev and hopefully a turning point.

Don't think he needs to be managed with limiting game time, well not in League and Champs anyway. He's only 31 ffs, he just needs a rest every now and then. Like does he really need to he playing 90mins vs the likes of Bristol City?

The best player in the world when he plays like that

Everyone can have bad games but it's fair to see he's been very hit and miss in the past few months, which kind of makes it even more frustrating when we see him play like last night.

Let's hope he gets back to more consistent good form. If it was confidence, then last night will have given him a huge boost. If it's fitness then the good sign Is he looked sharp for the full game. I reckon he'll kick on now.

I mentioned in the post match thread the other day that although Gundo and Bernado are very good players, when they both play and Kev doesn't, we often lack that game changing pass or quality he brings. That's not a slight on them, Kev is just one of the worlds elite players and we miss that when he's not playing.

I think a lot is down to the position he plays.

When stuck up front along side Haaland, as he has been much of the season, he doesn't see anywhere near as much of the ball. I think he is one of those players that needs to be continually involved in the game. He can do that much more from a deeper CM/AM position like last night.

Yes. And not with his back to the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.