17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he’s been particularly good all season. Most games he produces a world class pass or 3 that leads to goals but his all round game has been miles off for ages.

I got a lot of flak for saying much the same last season. His all-round game is nowhere near good enough to be a first choice player this season.
He was slow to react after his pathetic free kick was collected by Allison - probably feeling angry with himself - and didn't look to do any covering duty when the ball was released quickly to Salah.
Poor by Pep to only have Cancelo back, but Kevin should have been quicker to get back to support him.

Not sure what to make of his performances so far. His game is not up to his normal standard but is still providing quality assists in most games. I would drop him for the next game. Leave Bernie in cm. Get jack on the left with Phil right. Gundo will be more effective.

Yesterday smacked of trying to stifle Liverpool but all we managed to do was stifle ourselves. If pep can see the problems he caused yesterday with his selection then it will be a hard lesson learned.

He had a bad game, sure, and has had a few stinkers (more than usual) over the past few months but calls for him to be dropped are unbelievably laughable. Like genuinely.

He's one of the best players in the world doing what he does, you don't drop him and put somebody inferior in his place because of his downsides. Sub him when it's not going well? Fine. Give him a 'rest' when he's had weeks of being shite (start of last season)? Sure. But drop him when he's delivered brilliantly for the majority of the start of this season? Get fucked.

His job is to provide for the attackers and he's proven over the 7 years he's been here that he does that with astonishing accuracy and consistency.

I'd love to see the reaction of a fan from another club reading some of our fans saying Kevin De Bruyne shouldn't be starting for us. It amazes me.

His free kick that led to their goal was unforgivably shite, though.

Love Kev, but I was screaming for Jack to come on and replace him so we kept the ball more, I waned Phil to move to the right and Jack to draw fouls from Milner. Not his best game yesterday, was not involved enough and when he was 90% of the time the quality was not there.

Not sure what to make of his performances so far. His game is not up to his normal standard but is still providing quality assists in most games. I would drop him for the next game. Leave Bernie in cm. Get jack on the left with Phil right. Gundo will be more effective.

Yesterday smacked of trying to stifle Liverpool but all we managed to do was stifle ourselves. If pep can see the problems he caused yesterday with his selection then it will be a hard lesson learned.
Agreed, needs to be benched for a few games.

He had a bad game, sure, and has had a few stinkers (more than usual) over the past few months but calls for him to be dropped are unbelievably laughable. Like genuinely.

He's one of the best players in the world doing what he does, you don't drop him and put somebody inferior in his place because of his downsides. Sub him when it's not going well? Fine. Give him a 'rest' when he's had weeks of being shite (start of last season)? Sure. But drop him when he's delivered brilliantly for the majority of the start of this season? Get fucked.

His job is to provide for the attackers and he's proven over the 7 years he's been here that he does that with astonishing accuracy and consistency.

I'd love to see the reaction of a fan from another club reading some of our fans saying Kevin De Bruyne shouldn't be starting for us. It amazes me.

His free kick that led to their goal was unforgivably shite, though.
I’m not saying he should be dropped as we know he produces world class moments most games. It’s not ridiculous to say we have looked good without him plenty of times with Gundo and Bernie in midfield. We certainly retain the ball much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.