17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the assist,which of course was brilliant,he did next to nothing and generally looked like he'd run a marathon prior to kick off.

I'll say it again,because i couldnt give a fuck if im right or wrong or who it upsets.....i think he is capable of football that very few others are,and he is always likely to come up with a game changing contribution,however,that comes at a cost.

For large parts of the game his contribution is less than required,he gives the ball away or struggles to retain it and he cant dominate the centre of the park with crunching tackles like he was once capable.I also think his presence pushes other players into areas they are less effective.

I genuinely believe,as the squad stands,and that would change if we had different options to the usual no 10 type,we would be more fluid and less restricted without him starting.
His form is a worry. Think it is mainly fitness and a fixation on Haaland. Needs a rest but now when every game is vital when will he get it?

His form is a worry. Think it is mainly fitness and a fixation on Haaland. Needs a rest but now when every game is vital when will he get it?
We battered chelsea without him, and he's had no rythm since football restarted for me, his passing is poor (though usually manages 1 good one per game).

Im surprised this is not being mentioned more. When Kev plays he plays as a second striker in a 4-4-2 this means everything then usually has to go through Kev. Mahrez and and Foden/Grealish now have to play as wide wingers rather than inside forwards, this is why they rarely have touches in the box, Haaland becomes isolated. Bernardo and Rodri have to play deeper to stop transitions.

However crazy it sounds, we play better without him, the free role he has is a detriment to the team, he needs an extended break on the bench. Bernardo, Rodri, Gundogan should be the midfield for next games.

you must have skipped the interview where bernardo says he prefers to play deeper in the midfield instead of up front

Regarding KDB he plays more as a number 10 than an 8 these days which opens some massive holes in the midfield while on defensive transition. So, yeah its kinda hard to make things work if hes not playing at an high level. I dont know if its by design or if he cant handle doing so much work these days but more than Haaland, what is costing us control in defensive transition is the lack of an interior, because the full backs tuck in to compensate but they cant be in two places at the same time, thats why we concede the wide spaces where the full backs should've been to the opponents

Last edited:
He was awful.

Man marked by Fred of all people and he had him in his back pocket. When Dave would be man marked he would make them look silly and eventually they stop. Opposite with Kev today.

Going to need him to get back to his best and quick

I have looked at most of the players threads, and the general consensus is that they are all poor. Does the question need to be asked why they are ALL performing so poorly at the same time.

I have looked at most of the players threads, and the general consensus is that they are all poor. Does the question need to be asked why they are ALL performing so poorly at the same time.
We all know the answer, it's have you got the balls/stupidity (depending on your viewpoint) to say it aloud

you must have skipped the interview where bernardo says he prefers to play deeper in the midfield instead of up front

Regarding KDB he plays more as a number 10 than an 8 these days which opens some massive holes in the midfield while on defensive transition. So, yeah its kinda hard to make things work if hes not playing at an high level. I dont know if its by design or if he cant handle doing so much work these days but more than Haaland, what is costing us control in defensive transition is the lack of an interior, because the full backs tuck in to compensate but they cant be in two places at the same time, thats why we concede the wide spaces where the full backs should've been to the opponents
When Bernardo says he prefers to play deeper he's referring to the #8 or #4 double-pivot position with Rodri/Gundogan.

But his best performances have come as a #8 its also where he plays for Portugal, and I think thats his favourite position.

Agreed, De Bruyne plays as a #10 now and thats where the problem is. Firstly it puts too much reliance on him to be the main creator, in the defensive transitions there's gaps in our midfield. Secondly him playing as a #10 means 3/4 of his teamates have to play out of posistion, Foden and Mahrez have to play as wide wingers Bernardo has to play as a #4 and Haaland is left isolated.

The point you made about the full-backs, which system are you referring to? The full backs played wide againts utd.

I’m not saying that it hasn’t worked in the past, or it can’t work again. I just don’t see how it can work at this moment, when we have so many out of form. Who do you trust to step up to the mark at the min? I wouldn’t bet on any of them.
It worked last weekend againts Chelsea, isnt that a recent example?

KDB contributed a moment of magic today. But he had some blame in rags opening goal. He did not track the man he should mark thus the pitch was opened up. Although in the end it was an offsite goal.

KDB used to be the best one on concentration but it shows signs of decline recently. I would think that put Gundo for him/or Bernado after we got the winner to close some gaps in the middle.

He is still our star man. But we need to start to plan for the future.
A dinked cross to the centre circle is now a 'moment of magic' seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.