17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

I don't think KDB should be sold, but Foden needs to play his best position, cause he is our future and talisman.

RW - he can play, but playing him LW was a mistake, he is the player who can make the difference and against Arsenal his position was too limited to make that happen..

-------Rodri----Bernie/Kova-----
Foden--------------------Grealish
--------KDB----Haaland-----------

this can work, but the best position for Phil is this:

---------John------Rodri-----------
Bernie--------------------Grealish
--------KDB-----------Foden-------
-------------Haaland----------------

This is "Gundo" position. Here he can make impact, I think he has good connection with Grealish on the pitch and it will be beneficial for us. He can play and played KDB position well, but if KDB plays, then play him here and use his best skills...

When we had Cancelo, Cancelo was like LW and Foden was playing centrally

----Walker---John----Ruben------------
---------------Rodri-----------------------
-------Bernie--------Gundo-------------
------------------------Foden-------------
Mahrez------KDB/GJ----------Cancelo

For me it was something like this, but with Guardiol it isn't same and that's why he couldn't make any difference there..

Right now and this season's statistics also speak itself, Foden is our best-form attacker. So if we want results, we should utilise him and play where he is most productive.

And for the next seasons, if KDB stays and hopefully he does, Foden should play LCM AKA Gundo position..

This is our best attack..
Yep

I don't think KDB should be sold, but Foden needs to play his best position, cause he is our future and talisman.

RW - he can play, but playing him LW was a mistake, he is the player who can make the difference and against Arsenal his position was too limited to make that happen..

-------Rodri----Bernie/Kova-----
Foden--------------------Grealish
--------KDB----Haaland-----------

this can work, but the best position for Phil is this:

This is "Gundo" position. Here he can make impact, I think he has good connection with Grealish on the pitch and it will be beneficial for us. He can play and played KDB position well, but if KDB plays, then play him here and use his best skills...

When we had Cancelo, Cancelo was like LW and Foden was playing centrally

----Walker---John----Ruben------------
---------------Rodri-----------------------
-------Bernie--------Gundo-------------
------------------------Foden-------------
Mahrez------KDB/GJ----------Cancelo

For me it was something like this, but with Guardiol it isn't same and that's why he couldn't make any difference there..

Right now and this season's statistics also speak itself, Foden is our best-form attacker. So if we want results, we should utilise him and play where he is most productive.

And for the next seasons, if KDB stays and hopefully he does, Foden should play LCM AKA Gundo position..

This is our best attack..
No it does not work. Pep tried Grealish LW + Phil LM twice vs RB Leipzig and both times it was lukewarm or bad until he made a sub and moved Phil slightly to the right midfield.

Phil's best strength in the middle is his shooting ability and currently usually cut in and shoot with his left foot. It can only be done on the right half space or in the center area. Gundo is a right footer.

Plus another reason Grealish works better with a left midfielder who overlaps him like Bernado or run in behind like Gundo. So they can vacate the left half space for him to cut into. Phil likes dribbling and occupies the space then Grealish finds him no way to cut into.

So Grealish LW + Phil LM is a pipe dream. They somehow cancel each other best ability : Phil's shoot and Jacks cutting inside. Grealish LW + Phil sole AM might work but Grealish Lw Phil LM Kev RM will not work because they kind of block each other path. Grealish LW Kev LM Phil RM might work but I don't see it before.

Fans buy it because they want to fit Phil and Kev tougher in the middle too much they ignore the obvious failed experiment vs RB Leipzig.

That would be relevant if we were talking about 18/19, but we were talking about the “century” season…
That was corrected in a subsequent post. The original point was Bernardo has never stepped up in KDB's absence which is clearly false.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.