17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Yeah but they're not exactly living in Saudi villages with archaic laws

They're living there in extreme luxury. They've essentially built communities and complexes there only for multi millionaires so they never really need to go elsewhere.

That's why all these players go, yes it's for money, but because they're living in real comfort when they get there with no need to integrate into a lifestyle that non Muslims would struggle with. These players wouldn't go there if it wasn't like that.

The problem isn't for the cosseted players, it's for their families living 24/7 in a bubble, unable to do what they want, when they want.
Over a long period, Saudi is a shit place for non-Muslim women to live. Don't assume that WAGs get special treatment.

The problem isn't for the cosseted players, it's for their families living 24/7 in a bubble, unable to do what they want, when they want.
Over a long period, Saudi is a shit place for non-Muslim women to live. Don't assume that WAGs get special treatment.
That’s why they spend the vast majority of their time just over the border in Bahrain.

Best of both worlds.

He's not likely to want to go to Saudi. With a young family, I don't think he's that stupid or greedy.
As such, who would be prepared to pay upwards of £70m + top wages / bonuses etc for a 32/33 year old player who is undoubtedly past his prime? Even the rags would baulk at that!

£100m for KDB is a pipe dream. I suspect he's more likely to be given a free at the end of next season.
I agree he doesn't strike me as the kind of person who will want to play in Saudi, but who knows. Personally I would love him to stay another year.

All depends how the season ends I reckon. We win another treble then the picture changes completely, KDB would have completed everything (again) and nobody would argue against him going off into the sun for a huge contract. However, if we dont win anything then knowing KDB as much as we do, he will want to come back and end on his terms.

I agree he doesn't strike me as the kind of person who will want to play in Saudi, but who knows. Personally I would love him to stay another year.

I really think he'll stay with City until the end of next season and then be allowed to leave on a free.
Managed carefully, we can still get one more great season from him and then 'thanks for your service'.

I really think he'll stay with City until the end of next season and then be allowed to leave on a free.
Managed carefully, we can still get one more great season from him and then 'thanks for your service'.
I’d imagine we will want a hefty fee for him , with the new financial regulations clubs need to extract every penny they can .

I honestly can't imagine why any multi millionaire footballer with a young family would choose to go to Saudi unless they were from a strict Muslim background.

Lessons should have been learned from Jordan Henderson's much publicised experience there.

Two years is a long time for a young family in that environment.
I thought he had expressed a preference to finish in the States?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.