17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

I think he should be our Doku next season. We really need a world-class MF + Foden + Rodri to be our starting 11 with Grealish and Doku on the wings.

Father time gets us all, but he is still an incredible footballer when he is in the zone. If he accepts the Doku role, he can easily give us 2-3 more great seasons.

He still comes up with assists and the odd goal but he's very rarely having good games these days.. it's all, and that's why you never sub Kev when he cuts ball across for Erling to tap-in after stinking the stadium out for 70 mins prior.. need more from him in big games these days

I've said he and Rodri haven't been on it for weeks. Of course, since we were winning and KDB was getting G/As, I was being called this, that, and the other, but he looked like a complete shell of himself today, even more so than in past weeks.
You have been cal!ed out because you kept posting his goals and assists didnt matter , grow the fuck up

You have been cal!ed out because you kept posting his goals and assists didnt matter , grow the fuck up
Of course, they matter, but I can look past a stat sheet and at a performance as a whole. Maybe that's a bit too much for your pee-sized brain to do.

He’s been awful for weeks, and you can almost guarantee he’ll get injured at the Euros
I agree, I wouldn't say his performance today was a surprise to me being honest.
It looks like hes struggling to get round the pitch either in fear of injury or because he cant physically do what his brain wants to anymore. Hes become so sloppy on the ball in general and his impact on games has become less and less. I think the euros has been in the back of his mind for the last month... he needs to sack belgium off after it if he has any ambition to prolong his city career

Approaching mid 30s, long-time out, hamstring surgeries etc. Its really unrealistic to expect him to be the player he was before.

Of course he's capable of moments of quality and will be as long as he's not shot to bits because he's that talented, but really now i think it's just moments. I don't think he can play at a high level on a consistent basis anymore. He was the best of his generation at what he does but age and/or injuries gets them all in the end and he's clearly on the decline. Anyone that doesn't think so is in denial.

If he does stay, I expect to see more and more of him on the bench and just used to try and impact games. We need some fresh legs as regular starters, plus Phil can step up.

First time I’ve said this but kdb now needs to be gradually phased out as he looks shot atm and he will be off if come August with the euros coming up aswell . Phil foden is the heir apparent .

No chance he's accepting a backup role or off the bench like some are suggesting. Maybe Pep will tell him that but then he will be gone to Saudi by the end of the summer.

Doesn't seem to have that fire up his arse like he used to. Age remains undefeated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.