17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he make a successful pass. Early in the second half when him and Foden ran into each other summed it up.

We have always seemed to cope well without him. So the day he leaves will be sad because he’s been such a fantastic player however I don’t think it will effect us in terms of success.

If the Saudi bid comes in for Kev for £100m plus then we should take it and go straight to Bayern for Musiala. Even €150m if required and get him
Doubt we’d take it unless he asked us to. Besides when he goes it will be Foden that replaces him, granted we will need another player too for the squad. but it won’t be a €150 mill player.Todays result changes nothing and won’t change our planning, I expect 3 or 4 out 3 or 4 in.

Did he make a successful pass. Early in the second half when him and Foden ran into each other summed it up.

We have always seemed to cope well without him. So the day he leaves will be sad because he’s been such a fantastic player however I don’t think it will effect us in terms of success.
Made an amazing pass to Foden first half, sending him clear of the defender.
Phil then checked and went backwards rather than take on the defender.

As a great player as he has been, we have always coped without him and sometimes looked better during his absence. Today was another example.

The major concern today and recently has been how peripheral he's been. He's always had the odd stinker when nothing comes off, but he's been anonymous of late

I think the big issue is Peps new tactics of Gvardiol and Silva wide with KDB and Phoden central , they are too similar and take up the same position all the time. A choice needs to be made of who is first choice.

Last edited:
The major concern today and recently has been how peripheral he's been. He's always had the odd stinker when nothing comes off, but he's been anonymous of late
And to add to this - I'm fully aware he's still been getting assists which is clearly something we need to consider. I still think the impact sub role could been amazing with him - basically that Newcastle game on repeat

I think the big issue is Peps new tactics of Gvardiol and Sikva wide with KDB and Phiden central , they are too similar and take up the same position all the time. A choice needs to be made of who is first choice.
Would agree with that. They’re also risk takers, therefore much more prone to losing possession, as indeed is Haaland, so when all three play it increases the likelihood of the ball being turned over, especially when we’re playing with no natural width and everything is funnelled through the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.