17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Shadow of himself. Needs time to get back in shape, try to regain that zip and sharpness. But won’t get it, sadly.

when the going gets rough he is still the guy who doesnt hide from the ball and tries to make stuff happen and it often does. how many times did he bailed us out in big games and/or clutch moments? if he makes that finish in the box vs madrid at home none of this conversation happens. its thin margins at this level, he needs more of a rotation role but he is very needed still imo

IF is what hard decisions are based on

It’s a real shame when great players do not perform like they use to, they are treated as gods then disposed off pretty qquickly when they are prone to injury or lose there pace.life is cruel

Legs have gone, sadly. As to be expected with such a serious injury at his age. Hopefully Belgium swiftly exit the Euros and he can have an extended break, then we can take a view on it next season.

You don‘t take Kev off and put Alvarez on with Haaland.
For all you who write him off he is still capable of swinging a game in the blink of an eye which is what we needed today.
Haaland off for Alvarez in my opinion.

You don‘t take Kev off and put Alvarez on with Haaland.
For all you who write him off he is still capable of swinging a game in the blink of an eye which is what we needed today.
Haaland off for Alvarez in my opinion.
Kev was more off it than his usual quiet games. Pep got it right although it should have been him first not Kovacic.

I've been saying for ages that this would be a tough season for Kevin. He's done. Looked like a very poor impression of himself today.

No time for sentiment. Time to cash in over the summer. If not, don't play him in more than 25/30 games next season. He's done.
He is not done. Maybe we need to play him deeper as he gets older and start to implement a new playmaker. I wouldn’t be too quick to get rid. New players are needed but unless we buy from the top shelf then it’s safe to safe he will retain his place unless he wants to leave.

I do think we are seeing the end of a truly wonderful player and it’s sad but out of respect we need to treat him right. It was only last season that he turned the league on its head and this season when he came back we looked energised. Characters like Kev can’t be found easily.

He already said recently his game time going forward may be reduced. Same with a lot of player at his age. You either accept time has caught up and find a role or move on.

Let’s not be hasty with any of our players leaving. We could buy crap this summer.

I would prefer we found a new playmaker who will be ready to take over in 12-18 months. Same with Bernie and anyone else.

Legs have gone, sadly. As to be expected with such a serious injury at his age. Hopefully Belgium swiftly exit the Euros and he can have an extended break, then we can take a view on it next season.
His legs haven't gone at all, he had a bad game and the red mardarses had 30 behind the ball and clogged midfield up. He couldn't influence the game like he wanted to, no biggie so pep took him off and mixed it up.
He'll be back next season raring to go.

He is not done. Maybe we need to play him deeper as he gets older and start to implement a new playmaker. I wouldn’t be too quick to get rid. New players are needed but unless we buy from the top shelf then it’s safe to safe he will retain his place unless he wants to leave.

I do think we are seeing the end of a truly wonderful player and it’s sad but out of respect we need to treat him right. It was only last season that he turned the league on its head and this season when he came back we looked energised. Characters like Kev can’t be found easily.

He already said recently his game time going forward may be reduced. Same with a lot of player at his age. You either accept time has caught up and find a role or move on.

Let’s not be hasty with any of our players leaving. We could buy crap this summer.

I would prefer we found a new playmaker who will be ready to take over in 12-18 months. Same with Bernie and anyone else.
He is showing similar signs of decline that Fernandinho was showing. It is time we got to start planning for the future although maybe this summer is too soon for that (unless he does want to leave for the MLS)

City legend but time to move on sadly. His legs have gone for our level.

Poor season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.