17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Greedy how?
As he's among the highest earners in the biggest and highest paying league in the world, before the Saudi League came along, but is saying that he might go for one big pay day and is talking about how long it would take him to earn would he would in 2 years there. You'd think he was on minimum wage. He already has enough wealth for himself and all of his immediate family to never have to work again.

Its greed. Whether you want to admit it or not

There was a reason I was banging for Wirtz last summer. As I always saw this as Kev's last season as an undisputed top player. Injuries are slowly catching on.

If he wants to go make ''turn me into a billionaire" money. Then he absolutely should go do that.

For some, It would be a far more fulfilling experience than playing backup at a team where he used to be King.

Modric might be okay with a bit part role at Madrid, but that isn't for every one time Superstar.
I can't stand Madrid but Modric clearly still plays a big role there. He's a General in the dressing room, even when his best playing days are behind him. Not unlike latter day Vinny and Fernandinho were for us.

Also, just goes to show that all these podcasters and journalists who report on City haven't got a clue, as i've heard half a dozen times in the last few weeks that he has no interest in ever going to Saudi

The quotes from KDB is to be expected with Saudi a viable option.

Stick or twist? The club will have a decision to make with Kev this summer. He has a few options, leave now for a big fee, leave on a free or extend with city but with limited game time. Very few top players accept the last option.

As for city, do we believe the player is coming to the end or has he another title charge in him. I’m not so sure, he looked good coming back initially but dropped off towards the run in. Pep also subbed him a few times. The upheaval losing him without adding a top playmaker would be huge.

What a player, another that sadly won’t be replaced. We have been lucky to have so many recently.

The team will struggle until it evolves again. Pep not certain on staying either, Eddie possible looking out and suddenly the spine is gone before you know it. The recruitment needs to be very good to keep us top.
Be reet, according to our friends in the media we have the biggest squad in world football with 4 ballon d'or class players in every position all on a billion quid a week of dirty Arab oil money.

At least he isn’t spouting shite (like Gerrard and henderson) about wanting to go there to sample the lifestyle or the football or change the country’s attitude to things such as homosexuality

Our kevs honest at least

An unapologetic greedy bastard but an honest one at that

exactly, and if he took the cash i wouldn't blame him

Kev leaving this summer would be a bit shit wouldn't it, he needs a proper send-off.

We seem weirdly bad at this. I know it was covid but Silva and Sergio still never got the farewell they deserved.

About the only player in recent times we had a proper sendoff that justified their position in the club was Zabba. I actually had a little cry that day.

If we let Kev just walk out the back door it would be a travesty.
That reception he got back in January when he came off the bench after his long spell out will do him at least I'd say. An amazing player who still can make a contribution but as of now will no longer be an automatic name on the teamsheet. If he stays expect him to start and finish a lot more games on the sideline. He still has that killer pass in his armoury but the recent evidence suggests he can no longer grab a game by the scruff of its neck and dominate play. Sadly it might be time for him to move on and this represents a major recruitment challenge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.