17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

The time is coming where he cant be consistent enough at our level. Age, injuries etc. They're all starting to show. It happens to the best of them and he's on the slide. It's a sad reality.

If £100m is on the table for us then it's a good deal for everyone. We have to look towards the future. Even if Kev didn't go this summer, he's realistically only got a year or so left at this level and even thats probably with him being rotated.

Even his comments make the Saudis laughable he’s not even mentioned the football, it’s dire he knows it, it’s just about the cash, go for it KDB I wouldn’t begrudge him one bit.

Ok Blues. Let's say Kev decides to leave in this transfer window, who do we replace him with? Wirtz and Musiala seem to be bound to their clubs for now. To challenge for the CL and EPL, who do we go for, who would you rather see come in?

Last edited:
Ok Blues. Let's say Kev decides to leave in this transfer window, who do we replace him with? Wirtz and Musiala seem to be bound to their clubs for now. To challenge for the CL and EPL, who do we go for, who would you rather see come in?
If Wirtz and Musiala are both not available until the summer after then we should wait a year to sign somebody that directly replaces him and in the meantime play something like Rodri, Guimaraes (if he signs) and Foden, with Bobb getting more minutes. We will be better in the long run waiting 12 months for a Wirtz or a Musiala than we would if we sign someone like Olmo or Eze now, in my opinion.

Fair play to him tbh. Maybe he doesn't think himself having much left in his career, has already won the lot in the club football and is probably looking to end it (extremely) wealthy.
Yeah, it could well be a combination of things. He might think his body is starting to fail too.

Nice to see a footballer talk about it being for money reasons.

Whatever he does I hope he enjoys it. If his wife and family fancy a couple of years in Saudi swimming in cash before he goes home to a life time supply of Stella by his pool then fair dos, he's been phenomenal for us

Add me to the 'Fair play' crowd. Given us his best years and helped us win everything. If he wants to go and get that Saudi money he goes with my blessing.

Might be controversial but watching him towards the end of the season, it seemed to me that his hunger to win is going. Kdb said in an interview that even if we didn’t win a trophy, it’s still a successful season. Something along those lines anyway.

I think he will leave for the Saudi money and get the club a big fee. Big miss.

Wonderful player who just like Dave or Sergio deserve to do what they deem best. Not sure how we replace but we must at some point anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.