17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

I can understand that anyone's head would be turned by that kind of money; absolutely. And you couldn't blame him for taking it. And yet.... I'd be disappointed if he did leave us, simply for one last VERY big payday. As I said earlier, I can’t see him struggling to pay the gas bill any time soon. The guy almost definitely has more money than he'll ever spend, unless he wants a fleet of Bugattis and mansions in multiple locations around the world. He should be looking to end his career at a higher level than the Saudi league. He deserves a better stage than that.
I’m really surprised by all this. Never thought he’d be one to have his head turned by Saudi

I think it might be the right time. Love him to death but the older he gets the more we will need players to carry him in games. Leaving on top would not be a terrible idea for him especially for that kind of money. If that’s what he wants he should get nothing but support from us fan.

I think it might be the right time. Love him to death but the older he gets the more we will need players to carry him in games. Leaving on top would not be a terrible idea for him especially for that kind of money. If that’s what he wants he should get nothing but support from us fan.
Watching him towards the end of the season it is obvious he can’t play as many games as previously. He has been well below par in some games and if he leaves so be it.

Yes, and neither Vinny nor Fernandihno liked it. Both promptly left one year after being assigned that role.

It is not a role that feeds the ego. Everyone knows it.

In the same situation, Dihno and Kompany would rather go play in significantly poorer leagues for a fraction of their normal salaries than stay for a 2nd year as a spiritual but not actual leader on the field.

Had the option to go to a lower league for 5 times their current salary been available, we can presume they'd have taken it too.

We didn't even afford Kev the respect of being made Captain in the final year of his greatness. All the others at least got that privilege.

I'm sorry, I don't see greed. I see a player with better options.

All fair comments mate.

Re the captain thing, I can only assume Kev didn’t want it as there’s no conceivable way on god’s green earth Kyle fucking Walker would be made captain ahead of him…

He wouldn't strike me as the sort of player who'd want the captaincy. Or, I regret to say, would be captaincy material. He doesn't come across as a leader of men. And that is in no way intended as an insult to the fella. Far from it.
100% too much of a hot head and nothing wrong with that.

True legend, deserves his swansong and get more financially secure so his family are sorted for generations.

Not only did he become the best midfielder in the world, he also did it whilst shoving the remarks of his return to the PL back down the throats of those media pundits who called he a joke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.