17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Gutted for him. Didn't think we'd see him until further into the season, but clearly this was going to happen based on how it did. We've managed without him before, and we can again but there's probably a need to identify someone else in the market now, in addition to Paqueta who we really need now in my opinion. Ideally we can get him back to play his part at the business end of the season. As ever, our plan will be to stay in the league cup, get to the CL knockouts and stay as close to the top of the league as we can until the new year when we start to click into business mode.

I am still curious about the nature of his injury. Did we really rush him little bit early than the original planned comeback? Or he's just unfortunate...?

Anyone has any concrete idea...?
Its an accumulation of fatigue and previous injuries. This new injury is the same hamstring he tore in the final, it could be scar tissue from the old injury or a new tear/strain, he's had hamstring and ligament injuries in both ankles historically which makes him more susceptible to new hamstring injuries along with his age. His game time needs to be carefully managed, in hindsight he should've played more minutes on the asia tour to ease him into match fitness.

His body is starting to break down, unfortunately.

He suffered a nasty achilles injury at Euro 2020 and now his hamstring is acting up.

He's 32. I can see this being his last season as a main player before being phased out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.