17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Why the hell even on the bench then ?
It says it's prevention, meaning he's actually fit enough to play. He probably comes on last 10 if we had needed a goal. But even assuming we were never going to play him, having him on the bench does him no harm, gives the opposition manager that concern of him coming on from the bench and the alternative is maybe some kid thats never seeing a minute sits on the bench or more likely, we name one less sub.

Pep puts players he's no intention of using because of fitness concerns on the bench fairly regularly.

Better actually be only a niggle. We’ve heard Pep say that in the past and that player hasn’t been seen for weeks.

Hopefully the fact he was on the bench is a positive sign.

Shouldn't be anything much, since he's on the bench. I'd definitely be more concerned if he wasn't in the squad.

Personally I believe Pep misspoke somewhat. It's about load management with Kevin and after playing 2 full games in a 5 day span he was never going to see the field yesterday, 3rd game in 8 days, simple as...

It says it's prevention, meaning he's actually fit enough to play. He probably comes on last 10 if we had needed a goal. But even assuming we were never going to play him, having him on the bench does him no harm, gives the opposition manager that concern of him coming on from the bench and the alternative is maybe some kid thats never seeing a minute sits on the bench or more likely, we name one less sub.

Pep puts players he's no intention of using because of fitness concerns on the bench fairly regularly.
He didn’t warm up at all last night. He was never coming on, but as you say, it kept Brentford guessing having him sitting there.

Pep Guardiola on Kevin De Bruyne: "Good. He's not injured. I don't know if he's 100% but I think we took a good decision not to take a risk (against Brentford). We took a decision because he did not feel comfortable."
]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.