17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Kinda blessed he will miss only the start of the season. Should be able to cope without him for a couple of months in the league, early group stages of CL and first couple of carabao. Replacing KDB has been the elephant in the room last few years, may force the club act a bit more urgently now

Crazy decision to start him last night
That's costs us weeks now sadly.
If the medical team and Kev said he was good to go this was clearly an underlying issue that was undetectable and could have happened to him at any point. Probably a blessing in the long run to get the issue completely sorted now at this point in the season rather than the business end.

There seems a lot of panic over Kev - things like he is finished, we need a replacement now kind of stuff. Anyone who has played the game knows hamstring injuries are notoriously tough to get over with the only remedy rest and treatment. I can't believe some fans are writing him off saying he's over weight and slow - to be fair in the 20 mins he played on Friday he was closing down with intensity and still helped create the opening goal. Kev in my opinion still has 2 years left at the very top - we just need to manage his game time once he's fit - he will still have a great season and if we can get 35-40 games from him that will be enough.

The guy is unique and offers something different from anyone else. We have been blessed to watch him at the very top for so long but all this talk of him being done is madness. The guy has always stepped up in the biggest moments - his scoring record against the very best is incredible - he is the epitome of a big game player.

Finally I actually think on the video clips of pre-season he looked happier than ever. This is a minor blip but Kev will be needed and fortunately both Pep and he know that despite some odd ones on twitter/fans sites thinking not!

There seems a lot of panic over Kev - things like he is finished, we need a replacement now kind of stuff. Anyone who has played the game knows hamstring injuries are notoriously tough to get over with the only remedy rest and treatment. I can't believe some fans are writing him off saying he's over weight and slow - to be fair in the 20 mins he played on Friday he was closing down with intensity and still helped create the opening goal. Kev in my opinion still has 2 years left at the very top - we just need to manage his game time once he's fit - he will still have a great season and if we can get 35-40 games from him that will be enough.

The guy is unique and offers something different from anyone else. We have been blessed to watch him at the very top for so long but all this talk of him being done is madness. The guy has always stepped up in the biggest moments - his scoring record against the very best is incredible - he is the epitome of a big game player.

Finally I actually think on the video clips of pre-season he looked happier than ever. This is a minor blip but Kev will be needed and fortunately both Pep and he know that despite some odd ones on twitter/fans sites thinking not!
Great post! It's the same narrative every time he gets injured! I don't see a drop off either

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.